Marc Morial, President & CEO of National Urban League, spoke on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about the State Of Black America Townhall. It will premiere on TV One at 8/7c on Sunday, July 29th and moderated by Roland Martin. Morial spoke about the digital revolution and how it’s changing the world we live in.
He also questions on whether or not if the African American community will be apart of those changes. Morial talked about how there is a lack of Black people majoring in computer science and getting jobs in development. He also believes that Black people are under represented in Silicon Valley, where a lot of these jobs are.
Morial talked about civil rights being taken away and how social media is allowing us all to be advocates in certain ways. He also expressed that we must confront hate speech with truth talk. Morial wants everyone to go out and vote to make changes.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Debbie Allen Takes Emmy’s Highest Honor
- Dove Awards Announce Hosts For 2021 Show
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Mississippi Governor Deflects From Having 2nd Highest COVID-19 Death Rate In The World
- Black Organizers Warn Against Underestimating Low Turnout At Justice For J6 Rally
- Brian Kemp Spreads Public Health Disinformation In References To Nonexistent AIDS Vaccine
- Levar Burton Claps Back At White Writer For Speculating Whether He Still Wants To Host Jeopardy!
- U.S. To Remove Thousands Of Haitians In Texas Seeking Asylum, But ‘There Is Nothing To Go Back To’
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
- ‘Racist City’: Black Bostonians Lament Voters Passing Over African American Mayoral Candidates