Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Actor T.C. Stallings refuses to compromise his faith and values, turning to God as he continues to navigate his successful career in Hollywood. Stallings, a former professional football player, never planned to enter the entertainment industry, but an unexpected experience inside a movie theater a decade ago left him with an undying passion for storytelling.
The actor, who has starred in movies like “War Room,” “God’s Compass,” and “Courageous,” played professional football for six years and had aspirations of joining the NFL when he went to the theater one day back in 2008 to see “Fireproof” — and life was never the same again.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
The movie deeply spoke to Stallings’ heart and left him and others in the theater in tears.
“I remember that night … just to see everybody’s reaction when it was over, including myself, crying in terms [of] thinking, ‘He could be a better husband, a better dad, a better everything,’” Stallings told PureFlix.com’s “Pure Talk.” “And then my heart started thumping to act.”
The actor found himself praying to God and asking whether his sudden passion for acting was coming from Him. When Stallings realized that the Lord had placed it upon his heart, he continued praying and asking for guidance. Within a year, he landed a role in “Courageous.”
CLICK HERE to read story
- THE 2019 “FAMILY IS GOLD” ALLSTATE FAMILY REUNION GETAWAY PROMOTION PRESENTED BY GOLD SERIES®
- Confessions Of A Side Chick Roundtable With Y’anna Crawley & Vernon O. Williams III
- Meet the Boss Ladies Behind the First Ever ComplexCon Chicago and ComplexCon Community Week
- Dwight Howard Says He Feel ‘Free’ After Rumors That He Was Gay
- What’s Your Ethnicity?’: Kellyanne ‘Alternative Facts’ Conway Asks A Reporter When Questioned About Trump’s Racism
- Mya: ‘Girls Cruise’ Shows How We Handle Disagreements And Differences As Women
- ‘When They See Us,’ ‘Pose’ Among 2019 Emmy Nominees
- Barack Obama Congratulates Woman He Granted Clemency To After She Made The Dean’s List
- Missy Elliott Sounds Off On Her Legendary Career: “Everything I Spoke, I’ve Done”
- 5 Things To Know About African American Museum Founder Sadie-Roberts Joseph
Actor T.C. Stallings Says He Only Takes Roles That Glorify God was originally published on praisecleveland.com