Family prayer is essential to raising a holy family, but many families struggle with this task. At times in our own family life, we have done a very poor job of regular prayer time with our children.
Today the scriptures focus on family prayer as it is ‘Holy Family Sunday’. Family prayer has taken a hit in our daily fast paced lives. We are overwhelmed with the demands of our schedules and financial pressures.
The temptation to give up completely was very real, but our Lord shows us by his example in the scriptures, that it is precisely at those times in our lives when we feel the most stress or pressure that we should have recourse to prayer. Jesus prayed often with his disciples and instructed his followers in how to pray.
One of the best tools I have ever seen is one which uses the hand to explain how to pray.
• Pinky — Confession (1 John 1:9): Agreeing with God about my sin
• Ring — Petition(1 Samuel 1:27; Samuel asked of God): Asking God for my needs
• Middle — Intercession(Ephesians 6:18-19): Praying for others
• Index — Thanksgiving(Ephesians 5:20): Thanking God for what He has done for me
• Thumb — Praise(Psalm 146:1-2): Voicing my wonder about who God is
Take your time. Each day try to tackle one of the above. It is better to start small.
- Luke 2:1-20 Tells Us Everything
- Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr. Shares How He Heard The Call To Ministry [INTERVIEW]
Make sure to join our Facebook Family!
Top Stories of 2023 in the Faith Community
MLK Day of Service and Other Events on Monday
Pastor John P. Kee To Take A Break From Duties To Focus On Health
Feeding Five Thousand People in the Queen City
Black Writers Matter Author Showcase
Tips For Growing Your Business Without Increasing Your Budget
Siemens Energy Plans Significant Job Growth in Charlotte with Factory Expansion
Best In Black Charlotte: Vote your favorite!