As the holiday season unfolds, it’s time to elevate your Christmas festivities with a delectable treat that combines the warmth of gingerbread with the creamy goodness of cheesecake. Say hello to the Gingerbread Cheesecake—a mouthwatering creation that will surely leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed gingersnap cookies with melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to create the crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the cream cheese mixture, blending until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the gingersnap crust in the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until the center is set and the top is lightly golden.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door ajar for about an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, run a knife around the edges of the pan before releasing the springform.
- Serve slices of this delightful Gingerbread Cheesecake and watch as your Christmas celebration transforms into a culinary delight.
This recipe is sure to become a holiday tradition, blending the comforting flavors of gingerbread with the richness of cheesecake.
Top Stories of 2023 in the Faith Community
MLK Day of Service and Other Events on Monday
Feeding Five Thousand People in the Queen City
Pastor John P. Kee To Take A Break From Duties To Focus On Health
Black Writers Matter Author Showcase
Tips For Growing Your Business Without Increasing Your Budget
The Pi Phi Chapter of the Omegas to showcase Young, Gifted and Talented
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Inspires Young Girls with New Children’s Book Kiki Finds Her Voice [LISTEN]