The former first lady is hitting the road to tell everyone about her memoir, which is slated for release on Nov. 13. She will visit arenas and performing centers in 10 cities across the nation.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Here are seven things that fans can look forward to with Obama’s tour:
Of course, the former FLOTUS is heading to her home city. The first stop on her tour will be the Windy City at the United Center on Nov. 13.
Engagements In New York, Los Angeles And More Cities
Obama will leave Chicago and make stops at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, The Forum in Los Angeles and more. A full list of stops is here.
Special Surprise Guests
The former first lady is bringing some of her family and friends along for the ride! No word yet on who will be coming through, but there will likely be some famous folks hanging with Obama.
There will be several opportunities for Obama to have compelling conversations with her surprise guests and audience members. The dialogues will likely focus on her book that explore several subjects: her childhood on the South Side of Chicago; her role as a mother to both Malia and Sasha Obama; and time spent as the first lady in the White House.
Chances To Hear Others’ Stories
Obama will not make her book tour all about herself. The former first lady is inviting audience members to share their narratives during the events.
American Domestic Terrorist Attacks Since 9/11
1. Trump Supporters Attack Congress (2021)Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Las Vegas Shooter (2017)Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Virginia Tech Shooting (2007)Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Pittsburgh Police Shootings (2009)Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Gabrielle Giffords Shooting (2011)Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Aurora Movie Theatre Shooting (2012)Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting (2012)Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Blooming Grove Police Shooting (2014)Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Overland Park Jewish Community Center Shooting (2014)Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. Las Vegas Police Ambush (2014)Source:Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via Getty Images 10 of 14
11. Umpqua Community College Shooting (2015)Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Charleston Church Shooting (2015)Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting (2015)Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (2012)Source:Getty 14 of 14
Michelle Obama Announces ‘Becoming’ Book Tour: 5 Things To Expect was originally published on newsone.com