With Hurricane Florence headed closer to the Charlotte area, Charlotte Motor Speedway announced on Tuesday that they are planning to open their Rock City Campground as early as noon yesterday.
With evacuees heading West or inland from the Category 4 hurricane, officials say that accommodations will be available as long as possible prior to potential landfall later this week. Officials also say that evacuees will access to the bathhouse facilities on the property.
Greg Walter, VP of Charlotte Motor Speedway made this statement in regards to helping those evacuees that seek shelter in this area,
“While the Charlotte area is not completely out of the region that could face the effects of Hurricane Florence, for many of our neighbors to the east it is a safer alternative or a good stopping point as they seek shelter elsewhere. We look forward to welcoming anyone who needs a place to stop and to showing them the hospitality they deserve as we ride out this storm together.”
Charlotte Motor Speedway ask that all evacuees check in at the Camping World Racing Resort office, which can be accessed at the entrance to zMAX Dragway. After hour arrivals should call their guest services department at (704) 507-5612.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Chicago Hospital Shooting Victim Dr. Tamara O’Neal Was Reportedly A Victim Of Domestic Violence
- Judge Bars Trumps Asylum Restriction
- Maranda Curtis Gives An Early Christmas Gift With New Holiday Album
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Named New Pastor Of Bishop Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Men Coloring Their Gray Hairs [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: God Loves Me As Me [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Usain Bolt Opens Up Restaurant, Actress And Model Kim Porter Dead At 47 & More
- How Race & No Sex Before Marriage Is Teaching Chad Johnson & Michelle Williams As Well As Others Valuable Lessons [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Faith Walking: Teach Our Kids To Love Jesus [VIDEO]
- Pastor Victor Couzens Wanted For Aggravated Harassment
Charlotte Motor Speedway To Be Use A Shelter For Hurricane Evacuees was originally published on oldschool1053.com