With Hurricane Florence headed closer to the Charlotte area, Charlotte Motor Speedway announced on Tuesday that they are planning to open their Rock City Campground as early as noon yesterday.
With evacuees heading West or inland from the Category 4 hurricane, officials say that accommodations will be available as long as possible prior to potential landfall later this week. Officials also say that evacuees will access to the bathhouse facilities on the property.
Greg Walter, VP of Charlotte Motor Speedway made this statement in regards to helping those evacuees that seek shelter in this area,
“While the Charlotte area is not completely out of the region that could face the effects of Hurricane Florence, for many of our neighbors to the east it is a safer alternative or a good stopping point as they seek shelter elsewhere. We look forward to welcoming anyone who needs a place to stop and to showing them the hospitality they deserve as we ride out this storm together.”
Charlotte Motor Speedway ask that all evacuees check in at the Camping World Racing Resort office, which can be accessed at the entrance to zMAX Dragway. After hour arrivals should call their guest services department at (704) 507-5612.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- ‘A Different World’ 35th Anniversary: How The Iconic HBCU Sitcom Still Influences Black Culture
- New Questions Raised About Herschel Walker’s Claim Of Donating Corporate Profits To Charity
- Nick Fuentes’ Pro-Trump Video Urging A ‘White Uprising’ Reminds Us How Racists Love The GOP
- What Brett Farve’s Welfare Scandal Means For Black People In Mississippi
- Alpha Crown Community Festival to Feature Entertainment and Resources
- Tennessee Cops Charge Black Student In Brutal School Arrest Video Over A Game Of Kickball
- Judge Ordered To Be Removed After Pulling A Gun On A Black Man In Court
- ACC Headquarters Moving To Charlotte
- Two Confirmed Cases of West Nile Virus in Meck Co.
- Carolina Panthers To Face The New Orleans Saints Sunday
Charlotte Motor Speedway To Be Use A Shelter For Hurricane Evacuees was originally published on 1053rnb.com