We’ve got some girl power news to share today! From a collaborative report by Challenger, Gray & Christmas (a fancy-named consultancy), Securities and Exchange Commission and nationwide company records, we’ve learned that women have risen as the CEOs of their respective business and companies by 70 percent since 2013!
“Who run the world…girls! GIRLS!”
We couldn’t resist, but Beyonce’s female empowerment track could definitely be the theme song for these women in power! Business and financial platforms like Forbes and Fortune have been trailing the progression of women in leadership roles since Marissa Mayer was promoted as Yahoo!’s CEO in 2012 and Indra Nooyi, the Indian-born, American-living Yale grad who currently serves as PepsiCo’s CEO. Ursula Burns is another notable woman, as she is the CEO and Chairwoman of Xerox since 2009 and has been the first Black woman with this awesome title.
The 70 percent calculation marks a 6-year high. A lot of the moves were made from 2013 to 2015, as the number of women becoming CEOs went from 61 to 103 in 2013. Men running the ranks, or replacing women, declined by 25 percent.
This is inspiring news, but somehow women are still significantly underrepresented in big companies. Only 5 percent (26) of these CEOs are from Fortune 500 companies. Progression is still being done and that’s what important!
We know sometimes news reports from the media can offer some disparaging news about how women continue to get paid less than men and in-depth articles about sexual harassment and cultural discrimination, but we know better! And nothing can stop a woman with her eyes on the prize! Here’s to more women breaking barriers.
“This goes out to all the women getting it in, you’re on your grind! To other men that respect what I do, please accept my shine!”-Beyonce
20 Holiday Looks Plus-Size Women Can Slay In
1. IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel Adelle Dress in Noir Dot1 of 20
2. Monif C's "RICKI" TUXEDO JUMPSUIT -WINE2 of 20
3. Pink Clover Metallic Brocade Bardot Skater Dress3 of 20
4. JIBRI Plus Size Mock Neck Pencil Dress w Ruffle4 of 20
5. Monif C's "DAHLIA" RUCHED DRESS -OFF WHITE5 of 20
6. Adrianna Papell Structured Cape Dress in Red6 of 20
7. Anna Scholz Mounted Lace & Tulle Skirt7 of 20
8. Calvin Klein Plus Ribbed Sweater Dress8 of 20
9. Lafayette 148 New York Plus Mirna Dress9 of 20
10. Igigi Yasmine Plus Size Dress in Concrete Cheetah10 of 20
11. Igigi Lakshmi Plus Size Gown in Merlot11 of 20
12. Eloquii Studio Velvet Gown12 of 20
13. Eloquii Sequin Party Dress13 of 20
14. Eloquii Studio Petal Neckline Gown14 of 20
15. Kiyonna Screen Siren Lace Gown By Kiyonna15 of 20
16. Modcloth Posh at the Party Dress in Teal16 of 20
17. MissGuided Plus Size Velvet Wrap Dress Oxblood17 of 20
18. MYNT 1792 Asymmetrical Overlay Jumpsuit18 of 20
19. CarmaKoma Antarctica Plus Size Sequins Dress19 of 20
20. Fame & Partners Gloria 2-Piece Dress20 of 20