The Network Journal, a premier magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small business owners, announces the winners of its much anticipated 2012 “40 Under Forty” Achievers Awards, which recognizes achievers who are continuously reaching for higher goals in their professions, businesses and community involvement.
This year’s class of honorees hails from a diverse range of industries, including media, technology, arts, culture, finance, and healthcare. TNJ will honor them on Thursday, June 28, 2012, at its 15th Annual 40 Under Forty Achievers Awards Dinner, to be hosted by 2010 awardee Karen Nethersole, Esq., CEO of Full Circle NY, and Roman Oben, former NY Giants & 2003 Super Bowl XXXVII Champion.
TNJ created the 40 Under Forty Achievers Awards in 1997 to publicly recognize the next generation of African-American leaders who already are exceptional performers in their respective industries, and who are committed to the development of their community. Competition for the awards has become increasingly intense, with the number of entries growing exponentially each year and the achievements of the entrants more and more remarkable. It is almost presumptuous to choose winners, for clearly there are no losers among these candidates. TNJ salutes them all – both those who made the honoree list and those who did not.
“As we celebrate the 15th year of our 40 Under Forty Achievers Awards, TNJ cherishes its role as a facilitator for our up-and-coming African-American men and women to progress even further in their careers. While the selection process presents quite a challenge to our judging committee, it is truly a privilege to announce the 40 winners from such an accomplished group of candidates. Through events such as our recognition awards program, TNJ brings these accomplished professionals to the attention of our vast network of corporate affiliations,” says Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ’s founder, publisher and CEO.
This year’s honorees follow in the footsteps of such notable winners as Soledad O’Brien, anchor and special correspondent for CNN/US; actor Malika Yoba; and Monique Nelson, CEO of UniWorld.
This year’s honorees are:
- Janna Andrews, MD, SUNY Stony Brook Winthorp University Hospital
- Charles A. Archer, Esq., Evelyn Douglin Center for Serving People in Need, Inc.
- Shante Bacon, 135th Street Agency
- Daniel Beatty, Ph.D., Mercer
- Ivan C. Benson, Novartis Pharma AG
- Shartia Brantley, CNBC / NBC Universal
- Samantha F. Butts, MD, Perelman School of Medicine/ University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Sydney C. Butts, MD, Suny Downstate Medical Center
- Sekou Campbell, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Aisha Christian, Russell Reynolds Associates
- Nicole Cokley, Bloomingdale’s
- Charon Darris, Key Bank
- Brooke Ellis, General Motors
- Ntiedo Etuk, DimensionU
- Derek Fleming, Marcus Samuelsson Group
- Tiffeny Forrest, YMCA of Greater New York – Harlem Branch
- Michelle D. Hare, State Farm & M.A.J.E.S.T.I.C.
- Tracy Richelle High, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Valerie Amanda D. Jackson, Esq., K&L Gates LLP
- Monique D. Jefferson, New York Life Insurance Company
- Willie L. King, Jr., Ph.D., DuPont
- LaTanya Langley, Esq., Diageo North America
- Shannon LaNier, Black Enterprise -TV
- Tyrha M. Lindsey, L.A.I. Communications
- Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Wendy Renae McSweeney, Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
- Aida Moudachirou, L’Oreal Paris
- Rhea Norwood, Lowe’s Companies Inc.
- Ericka M. Pittman, Blue Flame Agency
- Thomas L. Ransom, BB&T Bank
- Howard Reid, Janssen Therapeutics (Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson)
- Natasha Sandy, MD, Columbia Medical Skin Care and Dermatology/ Primary Care Dermatology
- Janelle N. Simmons, Limited Brands, Inc.
- Traci Wilkes Smith, Esq., Willinger Talent Agency
- Shandra Spicer, S&W Contracting of WNY, Inc.
- Timothy Terry, Green Bay Packers
- Christine W. Thorpe, Ed.D., New York City College of Technology/ CUNY
- Holly Lisette Washington, S&P Capital IQ
- Christopher S. Whyte, CW Global Advisory
- Charles E. Williamson, Ph.D., JP Morgan Chase
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
Take a look at the gallery below of some of the winners! Congratulations!
“40 Under Forty” 2012 Achievers Awards Winners [GALLERY] was originally published on elev8.com