Janine Davis spent 21-years in the radio industry as an award-winning radio personality and entertainment journalist. Today, Davis, better known as JD throughout the Charlotte community, is a motivational speaker and founder/executive director of Girl Talk Foundation, Inc. Through Girl Talk Foundation, Davis, who describes her fashion style as “classical, jazzy funk,” works with girls to build character and prepare them for life after high school.
1. How would you describe your style?
Creative, dramatic and eclectic.
2. Who would you say inspires your style?
I think it’s a combination of people like Erykah Badu and Jill Scott mixed with designers like Betsey Johnson and Miss Sixty … with my own personal flare added.
3. Who is your favorite designer?
Korto Momolu, the young African designer that was featured on Project Runway.
4. What accessory do you have to wear everyday?
A statement ring.
5. What’s your fashion pet peeve?
Clothes that are too small or too big for your body.
6. What fashion tips would you like to share with others?
Wear what works for you, embrace your own creativity and OWN IT!
7. What’s your favorite color?
8. If you had to describe your style in terms of music, what artists, genre of music etc would you say best describes your style?
Classical, jazzy funk … so, a little Frank Sinatra, sprinkled in with some Corrine Bailey Rae and topped off with some Rick James.