Mecklenburg County Public Health officials advise residents do not travel during spring break due to the potential of catching and spreading COVID-19.
On Friday, MCPH issued an advisory against travel over the spring break holiday. The reason behind the advisory, officials say involves increased exposure for contracting COVID-19. The county provided a list that outlines some of the risk:
- Increased contact with larger number of persons who may be infected in venues such as airports, train stations, bus terminals, conferences, events etc.
- Inability to social distance yourself from others, e.g. on an airplane or being in close quarters with others on a cruise.
- Spreading the disease to others, even if you are asymptomatic.
- Travel could be suspended or interrupted, quarantines put into effect and borders closed at any time leaving you stranded or required to stay out of the U.S. and/or away from home for extended periods of time.
This health advisory is a recommendation, not a mandate. Instead, it is an advisement to the community to stay vigilant and follow coronavirus health and safety guidelines.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ spring break is slated for April 1-9, according to the district’s calendar. UNC Charlotte had an early spring break in February at the start of the spring semester.
This past week, many spring breakers traveled to Miami, Florida for the holiday, a popular break destination. Viral videos and pictures on social media show crowds of people gathered in the streets and on South Beach not wearing masks and little to no social distancing.
- The Impact Of Words On Your Success | Dr. Willie Jolley
- After Secretly Burying Dexter Wade, Jackson, Mississippi, Finally Adds Next Of Kin Notification Policy
- Texas Man Angry At ‘BLM Antifa’ Sentenced For Threatening Georgia Officials Online Over 2020 Election
- What Does The Bible Say About Putting Up Christmas Trees?
- Nate Burleson, Co-Host Of CBS Mornings, Set To Host “Best Of Super Bowl Gospel Celebration” TV Special
- We Grieve But We Still Have Hope | Faith Walking
- Bishop Dan Willis Debuts His New Song ‘I’ll Recover All’ and Talks Upcoming Album
- Be a Victor, Not A Victim | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Fort Worth Approves $3.5M Settlement For Atatiana Jefferson’s Nephew Zion Carr
- WORDS FROM Sheilah Belle, Put the Phone Down!
First Time Hosting The Holidays? Here Are 11 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes To Make It Easier
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Koryn Hawthorne, Engaged! Won’t He Do It!
Early Voting Locations And Times
How To Download Praise Charlotte App On Your Smartphone
How To Download The Praise Charlotte App On Your Smartphone
Praise Charlotte 100.9
Urban One Inc. Announces Launch of The Urban One Podcast Network