Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Pastor Donald Lee Reynolds was a pastor at High Plains Ministry in North Dakota.
According to a police report, Reynolds stole nearly $35,000 from his congregation over a 14-year-period. Now he’s facing a decade in prison for his actions.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
According to the Grand Folks Herald, “A criminal complaint filed in late October alleges he stole $34,668. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Bishop Terry Brandt of the Eastern North Dakota Synod in Fargo confirmed the document refers to funds allegedly stolen from the High Plains Ministry, a congregation of six churches in northeast North Dakota that consolidated in 2004.”
He had been a pastor with the High Plains Ministry since it was formed. It oversees Lutheran churches in Edmore, Nekoma, Adams, Lawton, Fairdale and Doyon, North Dakota. He resigned as High Plains Ministry pastor when he was confronted with the allegations last June.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- HBCU Spotlight: Delaware State University
- They Came Before Tiger Woods: James “Jimmy” Garvin
- I Am Carolinas Black History Honorees: Sheriff Garry L. McFadden
- I Am Carolinas Black History Honorees: Fonda Bryant
- Girl Power: Meet The Women Who Are Pushing For Criminal Justice Reform in America
- I Am Carolinas Black History Honorees: Payton Coleman
- How To Listen To The Willie Moore Jr. Show
- CIAA Women’s & Men’s Basketball Text To Win
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Valentine Date-Less [VIDEO]
- Stopping the Flow of African Americans to Prison
Pastor Facing 10 Years In Prison For Stealing $35,000 From Congregation was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com