Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Obama, who has refrained from commenting on his successor’s every action in office, did not name Trump in his statement, but nonetheless made clear that he believes Trump’s plan to exit the 2015 agreement [signed by 195 countries in an attempt to decrease carbon emissions and fight climate change] will hurt America, economically and otherwise.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
“The nations that remain in the Paris Agreement will be the nations that reap the benefits in jobs and industries created,” Obama said. “I believe the United States of America should be at the front of the pack. But even in the absence of American leadership; even as this Administration joins a small handful of nations that reject the future; I’m confident that our states, cities, and businesses will step up and do even more to lead the way, and help protect for future generations the one planet we’ve got.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Obama — who said the inaugural Paris deal puts the people all across the world on the road to a low-carbon future — had achieved an accomplishment with negotiating for the agreement, reports CNN.
10 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.1 of 9
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.2 of 9
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.3 of 9
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.4 of 9
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.5 of 9
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.6 of 9
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.7 of 9
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.8 of 9
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.9 of 9
Not Having It: Obama Checks Trump About Exiting Paris Climate Deal was originally published on newsone.com