“Girl you look good, now put your back into it!” Literally beauty. The muscles in the back of our bodies are naturally weaker – simply because we move through life forward. However if you neglect the muscles seen from the rear then a host of issues may come your way. So to help you ward off back pain, find balance in your body and up your entire fitness game I wanted to share the top benefits in having a strong back. Oh, and a video showing you my three favorite back exercises of course!
Can You Back It Up?
Twisting, bending, flexing, rotating – we do these movements everyday ladies. Whether you’re in the fitness club, night club or simply in the streets. So to be able to back up all these movements you have to have optimal back strength. The posse of back muscles include your lats, traps, the core erector muscles along your spine and many more – so they all need a little play in the gym. So you already know I got your “back!” Watch this and learn how to work your back in a RAD fun way.
Here’s Some Strong Backing
After sitting all day our backs can literally lock up on us girls. So not cool. Back pain is not the business so the first benefit of incorporating more back strengthening exercises into your regimen is to build strength. Doing so will keep your spine in its proper position and throwing your back out will be less likely lovely.
Sexy & Flexible Spine
Having a strong back not only looks sexy come skin barring season it is also great for your posture (read confidence). Studies show that people with good posture automatically appear leaner and more confident than those who are slumped over all the time. So don’t fake this supermodel posture boo – actually work and stretch the muscles in your back so you can stand tall with ease.
Speaking of good posture – when your back is strong and you can naturally stand up straight you are instantly able to breathe better. More oxygen can flow through your body when you’re upright and the more oxygen you can circulate the less tired you’ll feel through out the day. So skip that second cup of coffee in the afternoon and back your way into some back specific exercises.
Gain The Freedom Of No Pain
The number one and most debilitating injury is low back pain. Trust me I know! Affecting both your physical and mental state, back pain is nothing to play with. So let this final reason be reason enough to add more back exercises to your sweat sessions sis. Combating back pain is truly something your future workouts will thank you for!
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
20 Gift Ideas To Help You Jumpstart Your BFF's Fitness New Year's Resolutions In Style
1. The Best Gifts For That Fit, Fierce & Fashion Forward Beauty1 of 21
2. Bundle Up With Alo Yoga2 of 21
3. Layer Up With Lucy3 of 21
4. Outshine With Obermeyer4 of 21
5. Look Lovely With Lululemon5 of 21
6. Cuddle Up With C9 At Target6 of 21
7. Open Up With Onzie7 of 21
8. Make Moves With Mizuno8 of 21
9. Step Out In Six:029 of 21
10. Nonstop Fun With Nine West10 of 21
11. Set Out in Sorel11 of 21
12. Load Things Up With Lolë12 of 21
13. Snack On It With PackIt13 of 21
14. Multitask With Multi Flask14 of 21
15. Fashion Forward In Fashletics15 of 21
16. Fierce And Fit With Fitbit16 of 21
17. Be Bold & Beautiful With Bytten17 of 21
18. Clearer Skin With Clarisonic18 of 21
19. Fall In Love With Love Bri Products19 of 21
20. Flawless Lips With Fresh20 of 21
21. Pack Things Up With Parcel21 of 21
Put Your Back Into It: Here’s Why A Woman Needs A Strong Back [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com