Looking for a fun, smart and safe workout that’s low impact, yet high intensity? Then I recommend you stop walking by those rowers at your local gym. In fact, I actually recommend you come hang out with me and my friends at City Row in NYC. This interval based workout combines rowing intervals on one sexy water-based rowing machine and dynamic sculpting exercises.
City Row’s classes are the perfect balance of both cardio and strength training, and unlike spin – you aren’t strapped to a machine for an entire class. This heart-pumping, sweat-drenched, total-body burn is just as fun as it is effective so keep reading and learn why your legs, core and arms will love rowing again. No crew team membership required this time.
Head To Toe Burn
Total body conditioning never felt so good. From the moment I strapped my feet into the gorgeous and functional WaterRower I was hooked. Within seconds I could feel my legs, core and arms burning, so when it came time to hop off the rowers for some conditioning fun I was ready to cry. Tears of joy that is. Helaine Knapp (CEO and Founder of City Row) nailed it with this innovative workout and after Annie Mulgrew (Director of Programming) and I got our RAD sweat on I was already day dreaming about my next City Row visit. This total body workout is totally a winner so check out the fun I had with Helaine and Annie here:
Your Joints Will Love Rowing
Not only will every single muscle in your body (even the ones you didn’t know you had) love rowing but your joints will too boo. This is a truly a smart workout as it is form-centric and therefore highly effective. Nothing beats a total body workout that challenges you without harming you. Unlike most high intensity cardio based workouts rowing is low impact which means the unnecessary force and pounding on your joints is eliminated. So know this beauties – injured FitGirls (or those who would rather not risk injury) are absolutely welcomed.
Go With The Flow And Row
Back in the day rowing was classified under boring but thanks to Knapp’s love of group fitness and fun City Row offers a plethora of classes taught by rockstar instructors. There is a “fundamentals” class for newbies, their signature class which combines rowing intervals and dynamic sculpting exercises and my new favorite – City Row + Flow, a rowing interval followed by a vinyasa flow style yoga. Totally the best of both worlds here ladies. So what are you waiting for, book a class today and go get your row on at City Row.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
20 Gift Ideas To Help You Jumpstart Your BFF's Fitness New Year's Resolutions In Style
1. The Best Gifts For That Fit, Fierce & Fashion Forward Beauty1 of 21
2. Bundle Up With Alo Yoga2 of 21
3. Layer Up With Lucy3 of 21
4. Outshine With Obermeyer4 of 21
5. Look Lovely With Lululemon5 of 21
6. Cuddle Up With C9 At Target6 of 21
7. Open Up With Onzie7 of 21
8. Make Moves With Mizuno8 of 21
9. Step Out In Six:029 of 21
10. Nonstop Fun With Nine West10 of 21
11. Set Out in Sorel11 of 21
12. Load Things Up With Lolë12 of 21
13. Snack On It With PackIt13 of 21
14. Multitask With Multi Flask14 of 21
15. Fashion Forward In Fashletics15 of 21
16. Fierce And Fit With Fitbit16 of 21
17. Be Bold & Beautiful With Bytten17 of 21
18. Clearer Skin With Clarisonic18 of 21
19. Fall In Love With Love Bri Products19 of 21
20. Flawless Lips With Fresh20 of 21
21. Pack Things Up With Parcel21 of 21
SHE LIKES IT: Want A Full Body Workout That’s Fun? Try Rowing & Watch Your Pants Size Shrink was originally published on hellobeautiful.com