Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Tyler Perry just made the day of plenty of Walmart shoppers in the Atlanta area.
The filmmaker and mogul paid off $434,000 of layaway items at the Walmarts located in East Point and Douglasville. Perry intended the gift to be anonymous but wound up releasing a video on Twitter confirming that it was indeed him.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
“I know it’s hard times, everyone’s struggling and I’m just really, really grateful to be able to be in a position to this,” Perry said in the video. “So, God bless you, go get your stuff and merry Christmas.”
According to AJC, there are usually “1,000 layaway accounts” at the Douglasville location during the holidays. Usually good samaritans pay off one item in the system but never the entire system.
Good for Tyler!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Federal Judge Pauses Historic Funding For Black Farmers Because White Farmers Think It’s Racist
- YOU’RE INVITED: Todd Dulaney’s Taking Over Get Up Mornings With Erica Campbell’s Facebook Live!
- Pastors Mike & Natalie Todd Welcome Baby No. 4 [PHOTOS]
- ‘I’m Back’: Kasim Reed Officially Launches Atlanta Mayor Campaign Despite Ongoing Federal Investigation
- Local entrepreneur’s innovative twists on a favorite delight
- NC Offering $1 Million Cash Drawing To Vaccinated Residents
- Simone Biles Presents The Gold Over America Tour & Talks Her Plans On Retiring [WATCH]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Change [Video]
- Derek Chauvin Trial: Journee Howard Shares Her Experience Being A Juror In The Case
- Marco Rubio Lashes Out In Fear After Val Demings Announces She’s Running For His Senate Seat
Good Deeds: Tyler Perry Pays Off $434K In Layaway Items At Atlanta Area Walmarts was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com