Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Tyler Perry just made the day of plenty of Walmart shoppers in the Atlanta area.
The filmmaker and mogul paid off $434,000 of layaway items at the Walmarts located in East Point and Douglasville. Perry intended the gift to be anonymous but wound up releasing a video on Twitter confirming that it was indeed him.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
“I know it’s hard times, everyone’s struggling and I’m just really, really grateful to be able to be in a position to this,” Perry said in the video. “So, God bless you, go get your stuff and merry Christmas.”
According to AJC, there are usually “1,000 layaway accounts” at the Douglasville location during the holidays. Usually good samaritans pay off one item in the system but never the entire system.
Good for Tyler!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- 5 Ways You and Your Family Can Give Back During the Holidays
- Jazz Legend And Grammy Award Winner Nancy Wilson Dies At 81
- Advocates for the Disabled are making their Voices Heard
- Lakewood Pastor John Gray Defends Gifting His Wife A $200K Lamborghini For Their Anniversary
- Jamie Grace Opens Up About Her Battle With Tourette Syndrome & Depression [VIDEO]
- Dikembe Mutombo Flies Boy With Tumor On His Face From Africa To Get Life Changing Surgery [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Michelle Obama Adds Dates To Her Book Tour, Robert Townsend Wants To Create “The Five Heartbeats” Broadway Play & More
- Florida Just Made It Even Harder To Prosecute Cops Who Shoot Unarmed Black People
- That Time Nancy Wilson Slayed On ‘The Cosby Show’
Good Deeds: Tyler Perry Pays Off $434K In Layaway Items At Atlanta Area Walmarts was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com