Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
R. Kelly remains a controversial figure in music, hounded by numerous allegations of predatory sexual behavior with women both of age and not.
A sex tape reputed to be of Kelly and an underage girl was sent to Kelly’s hometown newspaper and was passed around for years afterward. The girl on the tap appeared to underage and Kelly’s protege, Sparkle identified the girl as her niece, though she has never come forward publicly.
Although Kelly was tried for child pornography in 2008, due to the tape and after images of sexual contact with the alleged victim were found in his Florida home, he was acquitted as the alleged victim did not testify.
In recent years, he’s been accused of running sex cult with women of legal age, his ex-wife Andrea Kelly has detailed his abuse in their relationship and even his brother has admitted his wrongdoing. Demetrius Kelly says that he helped his brother conceal Aaliyah’s actual age when the two married when she was just 15.
Now there’s a three-part Lifetime documentary on the controversy that surrounds Kelly and even that didn’t come without drama. A New York City premiere of the documentary was shut down after a bomb threat.
CLICK HERE to read full story
- Should You Leave Your Relationship To Focus On Your Career?
- PJ Morton Shares Why He Went To An HBCU & The Importance Of Them
- Maurette Brown Clark Releases New Single, “I Want God”
- Todd Dulaney Hits The Baseball Field For Jackie Robinson Day [VIDEO]
- Joe Biden Joins 2020 Presidential Race
- Jekalyn Carr Talks About Coming To Women’s Empowerment 2019
- Bill Cosby Wants Bail While He Pursues An Appeal, And Accuses His Trial Judge Of Standing In The Way
- Mr. Griffin: Stand On Your Rock [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: I’m Not Perfect, But God Is [VIDEO]
- Deitrick Haddon Debuts New Video For ‘He Carried The Cross For Me’ [VIDEO]
R. Kelly Lifetime Documentary Premiere Shut Down By Gun Threat was originally published on praisecleveland.com