Tyler Perry’s says he’s finally ready to retire the ‘Madea’ Franchise for good and fans will get to say goodbye to the character with his upcoming Tyler Perry’s a Madea Family Funeral.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
“This is it,” Perry told SiriusXM radio host Bevy Smith on her show “Bevelations” on Monday. “It’s time for me to kill that old bitch. I’m tired!”
We’re gonna say goodbye in ’19,” Perry said. “I just don’t want to be her age playing her.”
He’ll also be taking the character on a “farewell” stage tour, including some of the original characters and actors from the blockbuster films.
When Smith asked Perry if he would ever consider doing a play on Broadway, he replied: “My thing with Broadway is that you got to do the exact same thing every night, the exact same way. That wouldn’t work for me. I’d piss off all the producers. I’d be like, look, we gotta do something different.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- 5 Black Women To Consider For Next Supreme Court Justice
- Who Will Be The Next Supreme Court Nominee? Another Issue Black Voters Must Stay On Top Of
- Keeping It Local: Community Leader Cassandra Welchlin Is Galvanizing Voting Power In Jackson, Mississippi
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
- Atrium Health working diligently to address decline in Covid-19 testing
- Patti Labelle Remembers The Time She Kicked Off Her Shoe And The Heel Landed In Her Knee
- Exclusive: Geoffrey Golden Debuts New Song, “Jesus” [LISTEN]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: How To Respond With Your Best Ability [VIDEO]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Multiple Pets [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Recognize The Enemy’s Tactics [VIDEO]
Tyler Perry Says He’s Going To Retire Madea In 2019 was originally published on praisecleveland.com