As a Christian mom, it’s important to remember that running a successful business at home often requires making some tough decisions. Money isn’t everything and should not necessarily be the primary factor in determining what sort of business to run from home. What moms want more than anything to stay home, but feel they must contribute to household income sometimes can get frantic as they search for a legitimate home business.
Identify Priorities to Help in Decision Making
It’s important, however, to recognize priorities and lay out some criteria’s to help in your decision making. Otherwise, you can become side-tracked and end up making poor decisions about the type of business best suited for your family. Remember that Jesus said, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
When beginning to think about a home business, it may be helpful to look at the most important element a mother has…which is her time. It’s important to acknowledge that all we have is given to us by God and that we are stewards for him of all our resources, including time.
Prioritizing Time Expenditures
A Christian mother might prioritize her necessary time expenditures something like this.
1. Spiritual: Setting aside regular times for Bible study and prayer.
2. Spouse: Don’t neglect the nurture of the marriage relationship. A family’s well-being and happiness is dependent upon a strong bond between husband and wife.
3. Children: Christian moms often look for work to do at home so that they can be there for their children. The business must fit the “family first” priority.
4. Rest: It can be easy to forget that without health, nothing else matters. Moms need to make time for self-care, too.
5. Recreation: So important for maintaining health and a positive outlook on life, mom’s need to find time for fun.
6. Business: In reality, a Christian stay-at-home mom really doesn’t have a lot of time for paid work. But, just as Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes and fed a multitude, He can multiply a mom’s efforts when she does her best to honor Him in her life.
God Makes Up the Difference
While things may be unbalanced for a period of time as a mom restructures her life and sets her priorities in order, remember that God will bless the outcome.
Counting One’s Blessings
What’s most important is to practice an attitude of gratitude. The point is, happiness and a feeling of success do not come from many of the things that many people in society seem to equate with success and happiness. Living at peace with God, one’s family and humanity in general is true happiness and success.
Bringing Moms Back Home® is the leading work at home business team for moms. We are a group of diverse moms all over the world working together to create financial freedom and a better quality of life for our families.
To learn more how you too can be blessed and have a successful business at home, click here