Coronavirus cases are back on the rise in the Charlotte area, according to new data from Mecklenburg County Public Health Department.The county numbers were declining progressively for a few months but the rate of coronavirus cases is on the rise in nearly every Mecklenburg County neighborhood, The Charlotte Observer reports.
Health officials say the rising trend comes as vaccines are successfully slowing hospitalizations and deaths but the positivity rate of COVID-19 testing in Mecklenburg is rising.
The most recent COVID-19 case rate data by ZIP code is only shown or active, infections detected by coronavirus testing, and factors in population to show where cases are most concentrated. Mecklenburg Public Health releases ZIP code-level data weekly and the rate is based on a 14-day average.
ZIP code 28202, uptown area had the highest mass of COVID-19 cases in the county’s most recent data release, with 661.6 cases per 100,000 residents. The next highest was 28204, Cherry and Elizabeth, 28203, South End and parts of Dilworth and 28214, north of the airport, and to the west, along the Catawba River and the Gaston County line, in that order.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Uptown and surrounding ZIP codes 28204 and 28203 have consistently had some of the highest flock of cases in Mecklenburg and saw some of the county’s largest rate increases in recent weeks.
Relax, Relate, Release! 10 Ways To Improve Your Mental Health In 2020
1. Stop Putting Yourself DownSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Remove Toxic People From Your WorldSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Hit The GymSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Find Your JoySource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Learn To Say “No”Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Take A Break From Social MediaSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Channel Your Inner Kid And Start ColoringSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Give Back To OthersSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Get Your Om On!Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Start Seeing A TherapistSource:Getty 10 of 10
- Winning Strategies for Mothers Balancing Career and Family
- Brandon Camphor & OneWay Put A Heavenly Spin On “Lift Every Voice” For Juneteenth
- Price’s Chicken Coop closing after 59 years in Charlotte
- Shontelle Norman Beatty Plays Us Her Holy Banger “Jesus Will Fix It”
- Gospel Artist Hezekiah Walker Establishes Namesake Gospel Music Center at Virginia Union University
- Feel The Bern: Hillary Clinton Snubs Nina Turner And Endorses Rival Candidate Shontel Brown
- For The Culture Podcast: The History Of Funk
- Remembering Obama’s ‘Death Stare’ At Putin As Biden Meets With Russian President
- Radio One Charlotte Partners with the Charlotte Knights for the Annual 4th of July Skyshow
- Justice Sotomayor Offers Congress Guidance On Fixing Persisting Sentencing Disparity for Crack Cocaine