The nation is obsessed with American Crime Story‘s mini-series The People v. O.J. Simpson, and with good reason.
Not only has the conspiracy surrounding O.J.‘s innocence continued for over two decades, FX happens to be retelling his story at a time when his old friends, the Kardashians, have joined the ranks of the most famous people in America.
It’s so interesting, even the Kardashians are watching and content to talk about the moment in history felt ’round the world. Kris sat down with Ellen DeGeneres on Tuesday’s episode of her daytime talk show and revealed some mind-boggling details.
Most unbelievable was when Kris said Nicole had some things in her safe that she wanted to show her during the lunch date they’d scheduled for the day after she was killed. Nicole had never spoken of O.J.’s well-documented abuse publicly; could she have been ready to talk?
Kris says of the moments leading up to Nicole’s untimely departure:
“I didn’t know that there was abuse until we heard, and saw, the whole thing unfold like everybody else, and then heard the 9-1-1 tapes that had been, you know many of them, which were gonna be used as evidence in the trial. So, it’s heartbreaking.”
On Nicole never mentioning O.J. Simpson’s abuse:
“Me and some of her other close friends all were really surprised and shocked by that, ’cause we felt like we really failed her as a friend. You go through this and you discover things about somebody and it was horrible. Although she and I were supposed to have lunch the next day, the day after she was murdered, and she said she wanted to show me some things and talk about what was in her safe. And so now, unfortunately, it all makes sense that, that’s probably what she wanted to reveal to me that next day, which broke my heart because I’ll always feel horrible that I didn’t pay enough attention.”
Watch the full clip above and tune in to ACS tonight at 10 p.m. EST on FX.
1. O.J. seen talking to his lawyers Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Robert Kardashian during a trial date.
1 of 28
2. The late Robert Kardashian defends his friend O.J. Simpson in court.
2 of 28
3. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.
3 of 28
4. AI Cowlings, the friend who drove O.J. during his infamous Bronco chase.
4 of 28
5. Judge Lance Ito listens to defense motions to exclude Mark Fuhrman's testimony and the prosecutions' response to retain the information, 11 September, during a court hearing in the O.J. Simpson murder trail.
5 of 28
6. O.J. x Johnnie Cochran.
6 of 28
7. Deputy District Attorney Chris Darden asks Judge Lance Ito in the O.J.Simpson case, 13 January, to bar the defense from asking Los Angeles Police detective Mark Fuhrman if he ever uttered a racial epithet.
7 of 28
8. Did O.J. do it?
8 of 28
9. The scene around O.J.'s October 3rd trial date.
9 of 28
10. O.J.'s sister spotted near the crime scene.
10 of 28
11. The infamous Bronco chase.
11 of 28
12. The crowd cheers after hearing the verdict on October 3rd, 1995.
12 of 28
13. A much earlier photo of O.J. and his good friend AI Cowlings, circa 1979.
13 of 28
14. O.J. tries on a glove that was used in the murder of his ex-wife.
14 of 28
15. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.
15 of 28
16. Deputy district attorney Marcia Clark is shown during testimony at the preliminary hearings.
16 of 28
17. O.J. Simpson and his kids at Nicole Simpson's funeral.
17 of 28
18. Robert Shapiro reads O.J.'s damning letter to the press.
18 of 28
19. O.J. Simpson with Nicole and the kids during happier times.
19 of 28
20. Johnnie Cochran lays down the law, circa 1995.
20 of 28
21. The Juice at his 1994-1995 murder trial.
21 of 28
22. Robert Kardashian sits through trial.
22 of 28
23. Robert Shapiro x O.J. Simpson.
23 of 28
24. Robert Shapiro in 2015.
24 of 28
25. O.J. Simpson leaving the courthouse after the civil trial that followed his murder trial.
25 of 28
26. O.J. heads to the place he knows best, court.
26 of 28
27. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.
27 of 28
28. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.
28 of 28
Continue reading 28 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial
28 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial