Celebrate Charlotte living legend Dovey Johnson Roundtree, an A.M.E Zion minister, who conquered color barriers and fused ministry with her legal profession. She did all of this when women, especially black women, weren’t supposed to be attorneys. Learn about her amazing journey in faith and the law during the discussion “Justice Older Than the Law.” The evening includes a reception, reading and book signing with Katie McCabe, author of “Justice Older Than the Law,” which celebrates Roundtree’s legacy.
Moderated by former WCNC news anchor Sterlin Benson Webber, program panelists include:
– Tricia Derr, attorney at Lincoln Derr
– Valecia McDowell, attorney at Moore & Van Allen
– Nancy Norelli, former NC District Judge and attorney at Norelli Law
– Corie Pauling, senior counsel for TIAA-CREF
– Geraldine Sumter, attorney at Ferguson, Stein, Chamber, Gresham and Sumter