Michelle Obama’s book Becoming is quickly making it’s mark. On pace to be the biggest book of the year, Barnes & Noble announced that her memoir has sold more preorders than any other adult book since Harper Lee’s Go Set a Watchman was published in 2015. Oprah Winfrey announced today that Becoming for her book club, and will broadcast an interview with Obama and run an excerpt of the memoir in O magazine.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
Her website explains the memoir in this way:
“Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As First Lady of the United States of America—the first African American to serve in that role—she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history, while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S. and around the world, dramatically changing the ways that families pursue healthier and more active lives, and standing with her husband as he led America through some of its most harrowing moments. Along the way, she showed us a few dance moves, crushed Carpool Karaoke, and raised two down-to-earth daughters under an unforgiving media glare.
In her memoir, a work of deep reflection and mesmerizing storytelling, Michelle Obama invites readers into her world, chronicling the experiences that have shaped her—from her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, to her time spent at the world’s most famous address. With unerring honesty and lively wit, she describes her triumphs and her disappointments, both public and private, telling her full story as she has lived it—in her own words and on her own terms. Warm, wise, and revelatory, Becoming is the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Download the reading guide here.
- Integrating Wellness Strategies to meet the needs of Children
- Netflix Fights Back: Response To Mo’Nique’s Lawsuit Shows Streaming Giant Isn’t Playing
- LET’S MAKEUP: Get Your Lipstick Game Ready For The Winter! Here Are 10 Colors You Need This Season
- Mo’Nique Sues Netflix Over Alleged Racial Discrimination
- Anti-Diversity Judge Gets Confirmed To Thurgood Marshall’s Legendary Appeals Court Seat
- After Lawsuit, Upscale New York City Salon Will Learn How To Style Black Hair After Once Banning Braids And Afros
- Several Injured In California School Shooting
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Laughter During Funerals [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Grateful & Thankful [VIDEO]
- Ciara Unveils American Girl Holiday Storefront As She Continues To Balance Work With Mom Duty