Michelle Obama’s book Becoming is quickly making it’s mark. On pace to be the biggest book of the year, Barnes & Noble announced that her memoir has sold more preorders than any other adult book since Harper Lee’s Go Set a Watchman was published in 2015. Oprah Winfrey announced today that Becoming for her book club, and will broadcast an interview with Obama and run an excerpt of the memoir in O magazine.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
Her website explains the memoir in this way:
“Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As First Lady of the United States of America—the first African American to serve in that role—she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history, while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S. and around the world, dramatically changing the ways that families pursue healthier and more active lives, and standing with her husband as he led America through some of its most harrowing moments. Along the way, she showed us a few dance moves, crushed Carpool Karaoke, and raised two down-to-earth daughters under an unforgiving media glare.
In her memoir, a work of deep reflection and mesmerizing storytelling, Michelle Obama invites readers into her world, chronicling the experiences that have shaped her—from her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, to her time spent at the world’s most famous address. With unerring honesty and lively wit, she describes her triumphs and her disappointments, both public and private, telling her full story as she has lived it—in her own words and on her own terms. Warm, wise, and revelatory, Becoming is the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Download the reading guide here.
- Debbie Allen Takes Emmy’s Highest Honor
- Dove Awards Announce Hosts For 2021 Show
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Mississippi Governor Deflects From Having 2nd Highest COVID-19 Death Rate In The World
- Black Organizers Warn Against Underestimating Low Turnout At Justice For J6 Rally
- Brian Kemp Spreads Public Health Disinformation In References To Nonexistent AIDS Vaccine
- Levar Burton Claps Back At White Writer For Speculating Whether He Still Wants To Host Jeopardy!
- U.S. To Remove Thousands Of Haitians In Texas Seeking Asylum, But ‘There Is Nothing To Go Back To’
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
- ‘Racist City’: Black Bostonians Lament Voters Passing Over African American Mayoral Candidates