If you are excited for the holiday weekend – you are not alone! AAA Carolinas estimates more than 593,000 Carolinians will travel on Memorial Day weekend, the highest number since 2005 and a five percent increase from 2017.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
As North Carolina’s average gas prices have risen 10 cents in the past two weeks, motorists can expect to pay the highest rates headed into the Memorial Day weekend since 2014, AAA Carolinas said Monday.
The state’s average gas price as of Monday was $2.76, six cents higher than it was a week ago, data from the nonprofit insurance organization shows. It is slightly lower than Asheville’s average rate of $2.79 and down from the current national average of $2.93, which has climbed 12 cents in the past two weeks.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
North Carolina’s average is the highest heading into Memorial Day weekend since it saw prices at $3.62 from May 22-26, 2014, AAA Carolinas said.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
CLICK Here to read more.
- Designer, Karl Lagerfeld Has Passed At The Age Of 85
- Is Anthony Hamilton’s Rendition Of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ Your New Fave?
- Wintry Mix Possible Today In Northern Counties
- End Of A Era: Payless To Close All 2,100 Stores In The United States
- Loving Her Legacy: Audre Lorde
- Win A Free Trip To The Stellar Awards
- Superhero Guide To Black History Month: Andrew Gillum
- Inside the Praise Lounge with Ronnette Harrison – Chris and Helen Holmes
- Loving Her Legacy: Jesmyn Ward
- Garner Father Shoots 14 Year Old Son By Accident And Is Charged In Shooting