If you are excited for the holiday weekend – you are not alone! AAA Carolinas estimates more than 593,000 Carolinians will travel on Memorial Day weekend, the highest number since 2005 and a five percent increase from 2017.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
As North Carolina’s average gas prices have risen 10 cents in the past two weeks, motorists can expect to pay the highest rates headed into the Memorial Day weekend since 2014, AAA Carolinas said Monday.
The state’s average gas price as of Monday was $2.76, six cents higher than it was a week ago, data from the nonprofit insurance organization shows. It is slightly lower than Asheville’s average rate of $2.79 and down from the current national average of $2.93, which has climbed 12 cents in the past two weeks.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
North Carolina’s average is the highest heading into Memorial Day weekend since it saw prices at $3.62 from May 22-26, 2014, AAA Carolinas said.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
CLICK Here to read more.
- Dwight Howard Says He Feel ‘Free’ After Rumors That He Was Gay
- What’s Your Ethnicity?’: Kellyanne ‘Alternative Facts’ Conway Asks A Reporter When Questioned About Trump’s Racism
- Barack Obama Congratulates Woman He Granted Clemency To After She Made The Dean’s List
- Missy Elliott Sounds Off On Her Legendary Career: “Everything I Spoke, I’ve Done”
- Woman Dies In Dominican Republic After Getting Plastic Surgery Against Her Family’s Wishes
- Willow Smith Greases Her Mother’s Scalp In This Candid Mother-Daughter Moment
- Sen. Kamala Harris Lands Endorsement Of Major Civil Rights Attorney
- Ericaism: Who’s In Your Corner? [VIDEO]
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Gives Us A Full Body Summer Workout [VIDEO]
- Pastor Held Armed Robber At Gunpoint Inside Church [VIDEO]