It looks like Former President Obama and Former First Lady Michelle Obama will not be going to the Royal Wedding this May.
According to HARPER’S Bazaar, despite their close relationship with the former first couple, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan on keeping their wedding politics-free. This also means, the Trumps and British Prime Minister Theresa May didn’t get an invite either.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
Bazaar noted that a Kensington Palace spokesperson told Daily Express royal reporter Richard Palmer: “It has been decided that an official list of political leaders—both U.K. and international—is not required for Prince Harry and Ms. Markle’s wedding. Her Majesty’s Government was consulted on this decision, which was taken by The Royal Household.”
Apparently, since Prince Harry will not be the country’s future king, he is not obligated to invite present and former heads of states.
This current snub is news to us, since we’ve been under the impression for months that the Obamas would be attended the anticipated. However, to our delight, we’ve been known that President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump would not be attending, since he admitted it earlier this year.
Either way, we’re pretty sure the Obamas don’t have any hard feelings.
As we previously reported, the day the couple announced their engagement, Obama wished the couple well via Twitter.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- St. Louis To Consider Reparations For Black Residents
- How Come All Americans Aren’t Happy Brittney Griner Was Freed From A Russian Prison?
- Kirk Franklin Talks “A Night Before Christmas” Special On Lifetime & Decision To No Longer Make Holiday Albims
- Brittney Griner’s Release: How Did It Even Happen?
- Did Russia Cut Brittney Griner’s Locs Off? Prisoner Swap Video Goes Viral
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Wants To Launch A Cannabis Business To Boost Church Membership
- Bill Cosby’s Rep Says Latest Sexual Assault Lawsuit Is ‘All About The Money’
- Brittney Griner’s Wife Cherelle Speaks Out Amid Debate About Paul Whelan’s Release
- Blessings On Blessings: Donald Lawrence Talks New Single & ‘A Night of Inspiration’ At Carnegie Hall
- WNBA Star Brittney Griner Freed From Russian Prison In Prisoner Swap
Oh No! The Obamas Are Not Invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding was originally published on hellobeautiful.com