It looks like Former President Obama and Former First Lady Michelle Obama will not be going to the Royal Wedding this May.
According to HARPER’S Bazaar, despite their close relationship with the former first couple, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan on keeping their wedding politics-free. This also means, the Trumps and British Prime Minister Theresa May didn’t get an invite either.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
Bazaar noted that a Kensington Palace spokesperson told Daily Express royal reporter Richard Palmer: “It has been decided that an official list of political leaders—both U.K. and international—is not required for Prince Harry and Ms. Markle’s wedding. Her Majesty’s Government was consulted on this decision, which was taken by The Royal Household.”
Apparently, since Prince Harry will not be the country’s future king, he is not obligated to invite present and former heads of states.
This current snub is news to us, since we’ve been under the impression for months that the Obamas would be attended the anticipated. However, to our delight, we’ve been known that President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump would not be attending, since he admitted it earlier this year.
Either way, we’re pretty sure the Obamas don’t have any hard feelings.
As we previously reported, the day the couple announced their engagement, Obama wished the couple well via Twitter.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
- ‘Racist City’: Black Bostonians Lament Voters Passing Over African American Mayoral Candidates
- Boston Moves Closer To Electing First Non-White Male Mayor, But She Won’t Be Black
- Larry Elder Gets Trounced In Recall Election As California Voters Choose To Stick With Gov. Gavin Newsom
- White Editor Goes Viral For Twitter Thread About Media Racism Black Journalists Face
- Bishop Marvin Sapp and Master P Discuss The Positive Side Of Black Fatherhood
- David Cho Yong-gi, South Korean Mega Church Founder, Transitions At 85
- Recreate Alicia Keys’ Crystal Encrusted Chignon Met Gala Hair
- Cathy L. Hughes Honored By Baltimore Sun For Its 2021 Business And Civic Hall Of Fame
- Hey Girl, Let’s Talk! | Week 2: Work it Out- All Things Fitness
#SecureThePalace: Social Media Celebrates Meghan Markle's Engagement To Prince Harry
1.Source: 1 of 9
2.Source: 2 of 9
Source: 3 of 9
4.Source: 4 of 9
5.Source: 5 of 9
6.Source: 6 of 9
7.Source: 7 of 9
8.Source: 8 of 9
Oh No! The Obamas Are Not Invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding was originally published on hellobeautiful.com