(HOUSTON) — The attorney for a man accused of killing six members of his ex-wife’s family said it could be a while before his client goes on trial.
Ronald Lee Haskell is charged with capital murder for the execution of six members of the Stay family in Spring on July 9.
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm
“The defense is entitled to copies of police reports, autopsy reports, ballistics reports, that sort of thing,” attorney Douglas Durham said.
Durham said it takes a while for the state to prepare those reports, and he still has not received them.
Haskell was expected to be in court Monday, but his appearance was rescheduled for Sept. 30.
The Utah native collapsed before the judge during his last court appearance on July 11.
Haskell is accused of posing as a FedEx delivery driver to gain entry into the Stay family’s home. He then allegedly tied them up and asked where his wife was before shooting them all execution-style.
The only survivor was daughter Cassidy Stay, who reportedly lived through the attack by playing dead.
The victims were related to Haskell’s ex-wife, deputies said. He and his ex, Melanie, were divorced on Valentine’s Day.
- Cassidy Stay Closes Tragic Chapter with Heartfelt Gratitude
- J.K. Rowling Sends Letter to Spring Family Massacre Survivor Cassidy Stay
- STAY STRONG: Funeral Honors Victims of Spring Family Massacre
- Spring Family Massacre Survivor Released from Hospital
- Spring Family Massacre Suspect Collapses in Court; Insanity Defense Expected
- Spring Family Massacre: Grief Grips Neighbors as Man Charged in Murders
- Harris County PSA on Domestic Violence, Protective Orders [WATCH]
- Danger Heightened When Leaving Domestic Violence Situation, Expert Says
Stay with NEWS 92 FM as we continue covering this case.
Attorney: Trial of Spring Family Massacre Suspect Could Be a While was originally published on news92fm.com
Kirk Franklin Shares Emotional “Father’s Day” Documentary; Social Media Responds
Lake Norman Empowerment Festival
How To Download The Praise Charlotte App On Your Smartphone
Join Praise 100.9 Mobile Text Club!
Urban One Inc. Announces Launch of The Urban One Podcast Network
Erica Campbell Talks New Album “I Love You” At DC Album Release Party
URBAN ONE, INC. OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
Don Imus Sidekick Bernard McGuirk, Who Called Black Women Athletes ‘Hard-Core Hos,’ Dies At 64