If you are anything like me, you’re a huge Clark Sisters fan. I remember interviewing them on the red carpet of the BMI Trailblazers Awards and I told them that Live One Last Time was classic but they still had one more album in there and they should name it “Encore Performance.” Dorinda laughed and said that it was a good idea and that they were in talks about coming out of retirement and doing another album.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
Although that album has yet to come, I believe that this offering will be the next best thing, as there will be a biopic of the legendary group debuting on the Lifetime Channel in 2019. Hollywood executive and CEO of Relevé Entertainment, Holly Carter, confirmed over the weekend during the Church of God In Christ 111th Convocation that there will in fact be a Clark Sisters movie coming next year and it will be produced by Grammy® winners, Missy Elliott, Mary J. Blige and Queen Latifah. With these trailblazers involved we know it will be done right!
How many people are looking forward to this movie? Better yet, who do you think should portray Karen, Dorinda, Jackie, Twinkie and Denise?
Via Root Magazine
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Watch The Clark Sisters Perform earlier this year at Aretha Franklin’s funeral:
- Wendy Williams’ Son Evicted For Failing To Pay $70K In Rent
- How To Effectively Communicate With Someone With Dementia | Healthy Ever After
- The Art Of Losing Without Losing It With Erica Campbell | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Herschel Walker’s Son Calls It Karma That Warnock Won The Senate Runoff
- Warnock Beats Herschel Walker To Win Tight Georgia Senate Runoff Election
- How To Uncover Your True Beauty With Erica Campbell | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Everything We Know About The Tory Lanez And Megan Thee Stallion Trial
- Justice Alito Jokes About Black Children In KKK Costumes During Hearing On Discrimination. It Wasn’t Funny
- Deion Sanders: Sellout Or Blessing? | Get Up Poll
- Oklahoma Officer Who Facilitated Racist Attack On Black Inmate Sentenced For Civil Rights Violations