Erica Campbell dedicates her Faith Walking to Aretha Franklin. She mentioned that Aretha was a gospel, soul and pop artist that was able to sing different kinds of music. Erica believes Aretha gave courage to other artists that were told they shouldn’t sing different kinds of music.
Aretha was committed to music and shared it with the world. Erica also spoke about the time Aretha called her on the phone and how shocked she was. Aretha wanted to know about Mary Mary and so much more. Erica will forever hold that memory in her heart and will never forget what Aretha did for the music industry.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Carrie Underwood & Yolanda Adams Pay Tribute to Elvis with Gospel Duet Here
- Young Children Wandering Down Six Forks Rd.
- Chicago PD Charge Jussie Smollett With Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Mr. Griffin: It’s In My Nature [VIDEO]
- New York City Releases An Anti-Hair Discrimination Guideline For People of Color
- Get Up! News Roundup: Marvin Gaye Added To The Music Icons Stamp Series, Burberry Apologizes For Noose Hoodie & More
- Sidney Poitier — The First Black Man To Win The Academy Award For Best Actor — Turns 92
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- “Working Mom Wednesday’s” Importance Of Self-Check
- Loving Her Legacy: Harryette Mullen
The World Pays Tribute To The Legacy Of Aretha Franklin
1. Alicia KeysSource: 1 of 14
2. Ariana GrandeSource: 2 of 14
3. Apollo TheaterSource: 3 of 14
4. Patti LaBelleSource: 4 of 14
5. Barbra StreisandSource: 5 of 14
6. Don LemonSource: 6 of 14
7. Harlem Gospel Choir On GMASource: 7 of 14
8. FantasiaSource: 8 of 14
9. Celine DionSource: 9 of 14
10. Clive DavisSource: 10 of 14
11. Stax RecordsSource: 11 of 14
12. Aretha Franklin’s Childhood Home In Memphis, TennesseeSource: 12 of 14
13. Hollywood Walk Of FameSource: 13 of 14
14. Oprah WinfreySource: 14 of 14
Faith Walking Dedicated To Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on GetUpErica.com