ABC canceled its hit sitcom “Roseanne” on Tuesday after the show’s biggest star, Roseanne Barr, went on a racist Twitter rant.
“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC said.
The cancellation comes just months after the show premiered to huge ratings.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Rosin’s controversial tweets have since been erased. However, according to CNN, in one of the tweets, she wrote, “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” which was a response to a comment about Valerie Jarrett, a top former aide to President Obama.
Barr later deleted the tweet and tweeted an apology to Jarrett and “all Americans.”
“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” Barr tweeted. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.” Barr then said she’s leaving Twitter.
The show premiered in March to an enormous rating of 18 million viewers, triggering a renewal for season 2 just days after the debut.
- Do You Know A Queen Who Is A Cancer Survivor? Nominate Them For A Living Room Makeover!
- First Dove Win For Jekalyn Carr
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard Drops Live Project
- Rewarding Hard Work in the Community
- Jada Pinkett Smith And Actress Leah Remini Squash Scientology Beef
- Kirk Franklin’s Biological Father Passes Away [EXCLUSIVE]
- Mr Griffin: Take Somebody To The Doctors Office [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Luther Barnes Inducted Into NC Music Hall of Fame
- Priscilla Shirer: “I’m Extraordinarily Proud To Be A Black Woman”[EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Calvin Richardson Shares Gospel Memories
ABC Cancels ‘Roseanne’ After Roseanne Barr’s Racist Tweet was originally published on tlcnaptown.com