ABC canceled its hit sitcom “Roseanne” on Tuesday after the show’s biggest star, Roseanne Barr, went on a racist Twitter rant.
“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC said.
The cancellation comes just months after the show premiered to huge ratings.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Rosin’s controversial tweets have since been erased. However, according to CNN, in one of the tweets, she wrote, “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” which was a response to a comment about Valerie Jarrett, a top former aide to President Obama.
Barr later deleted the tweet and tweeted an apology to Jarrett and “all Americans.”
“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” Barr tweeted. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.” Barr then said she’s leaving Twitter.
The show premiered in March to an enormous rating of 18 million viewers, triggering a renewal for season 2 just days after the debut.
- St. Louis TV Reporter Issues An Apology For Referring To The Civil Rights Legend As “Martin Luther Coon Jr.” [VIDEO]
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Shaun King Speaks Out In Radio Interview: ‘If You Posted A Lie That Does Me Harm, This Is The Way We’ll Respond’
- Jonathan Nelson “I Agree”
- Q Foundation offers Hope to Ex-Offenders
- Man Sentenced To 20 Years In Murder Of Morgan Freeman’s Step-Granddaughter
- Keep It 100: Husband Doesn’t Want To Wear Wedding Ring
- GRIFF Prayer: Toys He Wasn’t Allowed To Play With [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: God Is My Source [VIDEO]
ABC Cancels ‘Roseanne’ After Roseanne Barr’s Racist Tweet was originally published on tlcnaptown.com