Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Four years ago, McClurkin had throat surgery to remove precancerous scar tissue. He continued singing and such, but his voice was compromised. Fast forward to now, he says more issues have raised, however, cancer is not something he wishes people speak over his condition.
“It’s [still] not cancer,” he said. “It’s precancerous.”
Donnie Mac’s newer raspy voice is a byproduct his health issues, but he’s confident God will show up again and so are we!
“Don’t let this fool you,” he said. “What God gave me to do I’m going to be able to do by His grace.”
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
The award-winning gospel singer is scheduled for tests on the tissue in his throat later this month and expects doctors to remove more tissue. In the meantime, he’s still slated to perform at his upcoming Festival of Praise tour dates this week.
Keep Donnie McClurkin in your prayers!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Rhea Walls Of The Walls Group Gives Birth To Baby Boy [PHOTOS]
- Gospel Singers Rhea Walls & Smokie Norful Graduate College [PHOTOS]
- Keyondra Lockett Becomes First Gospel Artist To Get Her Own Doll
22 Gospel Millennials You Should Be Following
1. Jonathan McReynoldsSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. LivreSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. Casey JSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Jekalyn CarrSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. Joshua RogersSource:Getty Images 5 of 15
6. Briana BabineauxSource:Radio One Inc. 6 of 15
7. Geoffrey GoldenSource:yaves praise unplugged Geoffrey Golden 7 of 15
8. Kierra SheardSource:iOne 8 of 15
9. Dathan ThigpenSource:Getty 9 of 15
10. Tim Bowman Jr.Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. Christon GraySource:Getty 11 of 15
12. Travis GreeneSource:promo 12 of 15
13. Alexis SpightSource:eOne Nashville 13 of 15
14. Jor'dan ArmstrongSource:Getty 14 of 15
15. Clifton Ross IIISource:Clifton Ross III 15 of 15
Donnie McClurkin Addresses Throat Cancer Rumors [VIDEO] was originally published on praisebaltimore.com