• Love God
• Love People
• Serve The World
Our Statement Of Faith
» We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God. » We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three Persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. » We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ at His return. » We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin, is through repentance, faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ and being baptized in water. » We believe that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation. » We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing in prayer. » We believe that the baptism in the Holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it. » We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a Holy and separated life in this present world,
Our Core Values
» Passionate preaching and relevant teaching of the Kingdom of God. (Matthew 9:35) » Developing authentic covenant relationships through City Small Groups. (I Samuel 20:17) » Christian education with sound biblical teachings. (Hosea 4:6) » Economic empowerment with sound scriptural stewardship. (Deuteronomy 8:18-19) » Volunteerism in church and community services. (Matthew 5:14-16) » Celebration of God through heartfelt praise and intimate worship through various music and worship arts. (Psalm 150) » Strategic on-going local outreach ministries and global missions. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Dr. Michael A. Stevens, Sr. is a man of God who passionately pursues the promises of the Father in Heaven concerning life, success, and faithfulness. It was in 1994 that he founded the University City Church of God in Christ, formerly Full Gospel Fellowship. Beginning with only (2) members, this life changing and impactful ministry has surpassed 1,500 members in 20 years of ministry.
He has an earned Doctorate of Ministry degree (2012) as well as a Masters of Practical Theology degree (2009) from Oral Roberts University and is a graduate of North Carolina A&T State University (1992) located in Greensboro, NC where he received his Bachelors of Science degree in Political Studies.
Dr. Stevens currently serves as General Overseer of an ecumenical group of pastors and ministry leaders called, Covenant Churches and Ministries International (CCMI). Pastor Stevens also serves on both the Executive Board of the General Council of Pastors and Elders and the Foreign Missions/Middle East Region for the International Department of Evangelism for the Church of God in Christ. Additionally, Pastor Stevens served as the African-American Outreach Director for Christians United for Israel (CUFI), the world’s largest pro-Israel Christian organization.
Dr. Stevens has gained local and national recognition through his many accomplishments, some of which include:
• Author of “We Too Stand: A Call for the African-American Church to Support the Jewish State”. (Creation House 2013)
• Author of “Restoring the Order of Spiritual Fathers and Sons”. (Self Published 2010)
• Interviewed as a special guest on Praise The Lord (TBN) (February & October 2010)
• Interviewed as a special guest on the 700 Club (CNN) (October 2009)
• Author of No More Excuses: Creating a Culture in the Church that Reaches African-American Men. (Creation House, 2008)
• Keynote speaker for the Centennial International Holy Convocation of the Church of God in Christ, Inc. (November 2007)
• Author of Straight Up: The Church’s Official Response to the Epidemic of Down Low Living. (Creation House, 2006) – Featured article in Charisma Magazine (June 2006)
• Featured in Charisma Magazine as one of the “30 Emerging Voices: Who will lead the church in the next decade.” (August 2005)
Dr. Stevens is committed to the discovery and development of personal purpose and positioning for the lives of young leaders. As a global visionary, he has been privileged to preach coast-to-coast and abroad in such countries as Bermuda, Kenya, Belize, Israel, Peru, and Cape Town, South Africa.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Sharon, and together they have been blessed with three children, Michael Anthony Jr., Matthew Courtlin, and Charisma Lindsey.
Address: 11901 Sam Furr Road- Huntersville, NC