2012 One Love Cruise Cabin-A-Day Giveaway
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
The 2012 One Love Cruise Cabin-A-Day Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, January 30, 2012 and end on Friday, February 3, 3012 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Five (5) winners will each be awarded a cabin for two (2), taxes, fees, gratuities, meals, concerts and many on board activities on the 2012 One Love Gospel Cruise sailing on March 18th through March 23, 2012 from Tampa, FL. Winner and guest responsible for airfare to and from Tampa, FL and any ground transportation costs.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WPZS-FM who are legal residents of the US residing within the Charlotte, NC metropolitan area, and are twenty-one (21) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
1. Listen to WPZS-FM at 5pm during the Sweepstakes Period.
2. Melanie Clark will prompt listeners to call 704-570-1009.
3. Entrants must be the 9th caller after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Sweepstakes participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Sweepstakes.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of WPZS-FM who are 21 years of age and older and are legal residents of the US residing within the Charlotte, NC metropolitan area.
2. Employees of WPZS-FM, Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, competitors, other radio stations in the Charlotte, NC metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Sweepstakes, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Sweepstakes except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from WPZS-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate.
5. Travel guest of grand prize winner must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Winner and guest will each be required to possess a valid passport and other valid government-issued photo I.D. (e.g. valid driver’s license) prior to departure and must travel on the same itinerary. Travel guest will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the grand prize winner.
1. The Grand Prize package will include the following:
a. Each Cabin-a-Day prize winner will be awarded one (1) double occupancy cabin aboard the Norwegian Star for a five (5) day/four (4) night cruise to Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico, March 18th through March 23, 2012. Cruise will depart from Tampa, Florida.
b. Winner and guest will be responsible for their own round trip airfare to Tampa, Florida and ground transportation to and from the airport and the cruise ship.
c. The cruise must be taken within the specified time of the Sweepstakes.
d. Meals on board the ship are included, with the exception of private restaurants. Ground transportation, meals away from the ship, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, off-ship excursions, souvenirs, incidentals, and all other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest. WPZS-FM and Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC shall not be responsible for providing any substitute trips or travel arrangements in the event of winner and / or guest’s own failure to arrive in a timely manner for departure on the cruise or other travel itineraries.
e. Winner and guest must each possess a valid passport and driver’s license, or other government issued photo I.D. prior to cruise departure and travel together on the same itinerary.
2. Dates and times of concerts and trips promoted by Sweepstakes sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of WPZS-FM and Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. WPZS-FM and Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
3. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the station’s offices within three (3) days of the date of winning.
4. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
6. If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another Entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. If Sweepstakes winner does not claim their prize by 4pm on February 9, 2012, the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Sweepstakes by being the 9th caller at (704)-570-12009 when prompted by Melanie Cark during the Sweepstakes Period at 5pm between January 30 and February 3, 2012.
2. One winner will be selected each day by being the 9th caller.
3. The Sweepstakes will progress in the following manner:
a. Listen to WPZS-FM at 5pm. Listeners will be asked to call in (by Melanie Clark) to win a cabin aboard the One Love Gospel Cruise,
b. The call in number is 704-570-1009. Listeners must be the ninth (9th) caller to become the on-air Entrant after the on-air announcement has been made. Upon becoming the correct caller, winning Entrants will be asked to provide their contact information (off the air); name, address, phone number, and email address.
c. The winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station, located at 8809 Lenox Pointe Drive, Suite. A, Charlotte, NC 28273 to claim their prize.
4. All decisions made by WPZS-FM and Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold WPZS-FM, Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D) to claim their prize.
8. The station retains the right to disqualify any Entrant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed, Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air. And/or posted online.
10. WPZS-FM, Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any Entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, WPZS-FM, Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Sweepstakes entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. WPZS-FM, Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of WPZS-FM, Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as Acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of WPZS-FM, located at 8809 Lenox Pointe Drive, Ste. A, Charlotte, NC 28273. Copies of Sweepstakes rules will also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.