The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
The film focuses on Tamela as Kenni, a successful businesswoman who comes home to the quaint town of Columbia, S.C. for the first time in years. What she hopes will be a tranquil visit turns into her dealing with family drama and helping her old pal, Jessie, who is played by David, save his nascent wellness center.
“In this movie, David Mann is not the over the top, comedic guy that you guys are used to seeing,” actress Terri Vaughn explained exclusively to Atlanta Black Star of the film on Friday, Dec. 1. “He’s more of the straight guy, he has a heart. He does, still, some funny stuff but he’s mostly the straight man and he has some really vulnerable moments in this movie and I think the fans are going to be surprised by his work.”
But that doesn’t mean the flick is all serious. Vaughn promised fans are “going to cry, you’re going to laugh, you’re going to get mad, you’re gonna laugh some more.”
“It’s a good melting pot of a romantic comedy with family drama,” she adds.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
CLICK HERE to read full story
- Biden’s VA Must Have More Black Veterans In Leadership Roles To Address ‘Inequalities,’ Open Letter Urges
- Mr. Griffin: Are You Walking In Your Purpose? [VIDEO]
- Kierra Sheard Debuts Song With Karen Clark Sheard, Opens Up About Married Life & More [EXCLUSIVE]
- Super Bowl Gospel Celebration 2021: Rickey Smiley To Host; Erica Campbell, PJ Morton & More To Perform
- The Black People Who Died And Survived During The Holocaust
- New Race Czar Susan Rice Ensures ‘An Equitable And Inclusive Economic Recovery’
- Vice President Kamala Harris’ Husband, Douglas Emhoff, Begins Teaching Course At Georgetown Law
- UCLA Gymnast Nia Dennis Lands A Near-Perfect Score With Her ‘Black Excellence’ Routine
- Beyonce Teases New Icy Park Collection
- ‘We Must Convict Him!’ Maxine Waters Demands Trump’s Senate Impeachment Trial ‘Take Away His Power’
DAVID AND TAMELA MANN ROCKED THE HOUSE DOWN THE HOUSE IN TERRI VAUGHN’S ‘MERRY WISHMAS’ ON TV ONE was originally published on praisecleveland.com