Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
The second episode of Chad Loves Michelle, the reality series starring Destiny’s Child singer Michelle Williams and her fiancé Chad Johnson aired on OWN Sunday night with plenty of people raising concern about the couple, namely in regards to one argument which made it on camera for everyone to see.
The show depicts the couple’s road to newlywed bliss and the rocky road even that has been. In one clip, the two are having a discussion when Michelle brings up the topic of race, which Chad disapproves of.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
“I said something to him on the lines of ‘Well, Chad, because you are not Black you would not understand why I communicate the way I do. Maybe because you didn’t grow up around a lot of Black people.’ So that was very, very offensive to Chad,” Michelle recalled in the clip.
Johnson was so offended by the notion that he alluded to Michelle’s battles with mental health just to spite her.
“And this is not to justify it, but yesterday when we had the disagreement, he said ‘Did you take your meds today?’” Michelle told the counselor.
Johnson apologized for the remark and said that he lost his temper but that the remark had everything to do with he and Michelle’s racial differences. But is it a red flag for their marriage? Watch and judge for yourself.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- The Murder Of Tyre Nichols: A Timeline Of Events
- Quotes You Should Read During Black History Month
- NY School Apologizes For Marking Black History Month With Fried Chicken And Watermelon Lunch Menu
- Florida’s Black Affairs Board Apologizes After Member Calls Ron DeSantis ‘Racist’
- New Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Podcast Series Spotlights Epidemic In The South
- James Grear & Company Talks New Single ‘I Wanna Say Thank You’ Featuring Maurette Brown Clark
- State Of The Union Guests Highlight Black Americans Affected By Police Brutality
- Gene Moore Sings About Love In His New Single ‘Beautiful’ Featuring India.Aire | Introducing
- Happy Birthday, Bob Marley! Reggae Legend Lives On In Death
- 101-Year-Old Former Montford Point Marine Receives Congressional Gold Medal