The Department Of Education Can’t Spell W.E.B. Du Bois And Twitter Is Losing It
1. Timing is everything.1 of 9
2. Chelsea Clinton chimed in.2 of 9
3. #NewAbnormal3 of 9
4. Maybe a mixture of both.4 of 9
5. Stay woke.5 of 9
6. It surely does feel like it.6 of 9
7. Facts.7 of 9
8. #DeVosEffect8 of 9
9. Is this what we have to look forward to in education?9 of 9
The new Betsy DeVos-led Department of Education is off to a rough start. The agency took to Twitter in an attempt to highlight African-American icon W.E.B Du Bois and misspelled his last name. Not only was his name misspelled during Black History Month, but the department sent out a follow-up apology tweet, and ‘apologies’ was spelled wrong as well.
Of course, Twitter had a ball with this one.