In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2016
1. Abe Vigoda, 94Source: 1 of 11
2. Natalie Cole, 65Source: 2 of 11
3. David Bowie, 69Source: 3 of 11
4. Nicholas Caldwell, 71Source: 4 of 11
5. Monford “Monte” Merrill Irvin, 96Source: 5 of 11
6. Glenn Frey, 67Source: 6 of 11
7. Rene Angelil, 73Source: 7 of 11
8. Robert Stigwood, 81Source: 8 of 11
9. Otis Clay, 73Source: 9 of 11
10. Dan Haggerty, 74Source: 10 of 11
11. Alan Rickman, 69Source: 11 of 11
This past summer, gospel powerhouse Lecresia Campbell was hospitalized after suffering a stroke, placed in ICU and was on the road to recovery until this week when she passed.
Campbell’s team took to social media to share the latest update on the singer, notifying family, friends and fans that she’d suffered a pulmonary embolism yesterday (Sept. 29).
A woman of many talents, Campbell not only sang a bunch of classics like “Perfect Praise (How Excellent),” but she also played a part in the “Mr. Right Now” musical, once starred as Effie in the “Dreamgirls” stage play and taught elementary school for a few years. Before taking on the stage solo, she sang background for Vanessa Bell Armstrong.
Watch a few of her videos below.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text BMORE to 52140 to join our text club!
- Keyondra Lockett Becomes First Gospel Artist To Get Her Own Doll
- Best Friends: Celebrities Pose With Their Precious Pups
- Travis Greene Welcomes His Second Son to the World
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisebaltimore
R.I.P.: Gospel Singer Lecresia Campbell Has Passed was originally published on praisebaltimore.com