Bible Gateway’s year-in-review data, based on 1.6 billion page views and more than 160 million visitors, reveals how people engaged the Bible on demand in 2015.
To start with, they tracked the popularity of Bible passages on a daily basis throughout the year.
This year these were most searched scriptures:
- John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Philippians 4:13: “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
- Psalm 23:4: “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
John 3:16 came in first in all four countries we examined—the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia. Similarly, Jeremiah 29:11 came in second in every country. Philippians 4:13 came in third in every country except the UK, where Psalm 23:4 won out.
Did you search any of these? What was your favorite scripture this year?
Make sure to check these stories:
- Washington D.C. Readies Country’s First Bible Museum
- Football Bowl Get Competition From History Making ‘The Bible Bowl’
Top Stories of 2023 in the Faith Community
MLK Day of Service and Other Events on Monday
Feeding Five Thousand People in the Queen City
Pastor John P. Kee To Take A Break From Duties To Focus On Health
Black Writers Matter Author Showcase
Tips For Growing Your Business Without Increasing Your Budget
The Pi Phi Chapter of the Omegas to showcase Young, Gifted and Talented
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Inspires Young Girls with New Children’s Book Kiki Finds Her Voice [LISTEN]