What Causes Depression?
Depression is related to chemical in-balance in the brain that makes it hard for the cells to communicate with each other. Depression can be triggered by a number of things including: stressful life events, drug or alcohol abuse, other illnesses, it can even be hereditary.
What Are The Symptoms?
- Feeling sad, hopeless and having frequent crying spells
- Losing interest or pleasure in things you used to enjoy (including sex)
- Feeling guilty, helpless or worthless
- Thinking about death or suicide
- Sleeping too much, or having problems sleeping
- Loss of appetite and unintended weight loss or gain
- Feeling very tired all the time
- Having trouble paying attention and making decisions
- Having aches and pains that don’t get better with treatment
- Feeling restless, irritated and easily annoyed