As one can imagine, a lot can transpire throughout an over forty year friendship. Gayle King & Oprah Winfrey met in their 20s at a small TV station in Baltimore, and decades later this duo is comprised of two of the most sought out journalists in the biz. Through the highs and lows, Gayle and O have maintained an unbreakable bond.
The pair dished about the nicest thing they’ve done for one another in a recent episode of their digital show, “The OG Chronicles.”
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
One day the two were talking on the phone, and Oprah was expressing how sad she was.
“I was really down. I felt wounded by a betrayal,” the television mogul explained.
Gayle recalled the moment saying, “I had been talking to [Oprah] on the telephone. I could tell that she was very upset about something. And I literally, hung up the phone, and I said to the babysitter, ‘I’ve got to go. Is there any way you can spend the night?’”
Gaye jetsetted on a plane to be by her friend’s side.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
a glass of water and said, ‘I’m going to go back and get on a plane.’ I was like, ‘What?’ She goes, ‘You said you felt wounded. I never heard you use the word wounded before,”” Oprah remembered.
The same way Gayle rides for Oprah, is the same way Oprah rides for Gayle.
When Gayle was going through a divorce years back, she sadly thought she was going to spend New Year’s Eve alone, until Oprah and Stedman showed up.
“My ex was going to have the kids. I was talking to Oprah on the phone that morning. And I said, ‘What are you guys doing?’ And, she told me something. Four hours later, the doorbell rang and she and Stedman [Graham] were at the door! She had been planning to come. I didn’t know that,” Gayle explained.
“We went grocery shopping — Stedman liked to cook spaghetti. We went grocery shopping, got all the stuff to make spaghetti. He cooked. I just kept saying, ‘I can’t believe you guys were here.’ That was something that I’ll never, ever, ever forget.”
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey’s Hair Over The Years
1. Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 - ShowSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. The classic '70s layered look.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. She brought the '90s in with style...and fringe.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Queen O's hair is full of life.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nothing's better than having a little bounce in your curl. A lot in Oprah's case.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. The media mogul's 'fro is on fleek.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.Source:Getty 13 of 13
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Little Boy Wants To Know Why Passenger Has ‘Her Stinky Feet’ On His Seat [VIDEO]
- Rihanna Wants To Be A Mom ‘More Than Anything In Life’
- Bushwick Bill Passes Away At 52 After Battle With Pancreatic Cancer
- Marvin Sapp Stepping Down From Church In Michigan To Lead Texas Church
This Is The Nicest Thing Gayle King Has Ever Done For Oprah Winfrey [VIDEO] was originally published on GetUpErica.com