Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Grammy award-winning jazz musician Nancy Wilson has died, her manager has confirmed. She was 81.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
Wilson died peacefully in her sleep after battling a long illness in her home in Pioneertown, a California desert community near Joshua Tree National Park. Influenced by the likes of Dinah Washington, Nat “King” Cole and others, Wilson established herself as a jazz legend who could cover multiple genres effortlessly.
She released eight albums that reached the Top 20 on the Billboard charts. She’s best known for the song, “Guess Who I Saw Today” and the 1964 hit “(You Don’t Know) How Glad I Am.” Through her lengthy career, Wilson won three Grammy awards, her first coming in 1965 for Best R&B Performance with “How Glad I Am” and her other two wins coming in 2005 and 2007 respectively, both for Best Vocal Jazz Album.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She retired from touring in 2011. Our condolences.
- How To Reset: Bishop Wesley Wiley Shares Tips On Cleansing The Mind, Body & Spirit [VIDEO] Read More
- Did Wendy Williams’ Estranged Husband, Kevin Hunter, Get Into A Fight With Their Son? Read More
- Neighbor Calls Cops On Black Woman Because She Played Her Malcom X & Angela Davis Speeches Too L… Read More
- Monica Says “I Just Didn’t Expect To Be A 38-Year-Old Single Mom Of Three” Following Divorce Read More
- Sherri Shepherd Reveals Going A Year Without Sugar Has Reversed Her Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis: “I … Read More
- Adrienne Bailon Agrees with Meagan Good, Saying She’s Faces Judgement From Churchgoers Too Read More
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: John P. Kee feat. Zacardi Cortez “I Made It Out” [VIDEO] Read More
- Mississippi Police Officer Charged With Murdering A 32-Year-Old Black Mother Read More
- 5 Vitamins Black Women Should Take Read More
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Gives A Full Body Workout With Mountain Climbe… Read More
Jazz Legend And Grammy Award Winner Nancy Wilson Dies At 81 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com