The Bible tells us that Jesus asked Peter who the people thought He was. Was He a prophet? A zealot? A madman? Or was He, in fact, the Son of God?
I’ve traveled the world covering an industry that’s frequently described as the “devil’s playground” and often ask myself, ‘How would a follower of Jesus in Hollywood answer that question today?’
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
In Matthew 16:13–20, the disciple Peter had already traveled with Jesus for some time and witnessed Him perform many miracles. So when Jesus asked Peter that question, he wasn’t affected by the general consensus, he knew that Jesus was the Messiah and he wasn’t ashamed to declare it.
“Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, ‘Who do people say the Son of Man is?’ They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ ‘But what about you?’ he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’ Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’ Jesus replied, ‘Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in Heaven,’” the scripture reads.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
CLICK HERE to read story
- A Journey from Prison to Spiritual Peace
- 14-Year-Old Boy Shot And Killed In Raleigh
- Your List Of Free Local Weekend Events
- March Madness: NCAA Updates
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Listening To Today’s Hip-Hop Music [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Jesus Gave Everything You Need [VIDEO]
- Bishop Talbert Swan Says Pastor John Gray Is ‘Lying’ About His ‘Emotional Affair’
- Are You Here For It?! CVS Is Now Launching CBD Products, Soon To Be Available in 800 Locations
- Girl, Bye: Felicity Huffman’s Shame Is ‘Unfathomable’ After Trying To Get Her Mediocre Kid Into College
- More To The Story: Pastor John Gray’s Alleged Side Chick Claims They Had Much More Than An ‘Emotional’ Affair
Who Does Hollywood Say Jesus Is? Christian Actors, Filmmakers Share Their Experiences was originally published on praisecleveland.com