The Bible tells us that Jesus asked Peter who the people thought He was. Was He a prophet? A zealot? A madman? Or was He, in fact, the Son of God?
I’ve traveled the world covering an industry that’s frequently described as the “devil’s playground” and often ask myself, ‘How would a follower of Jesus in Hollywood answer that question today?’
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
In Matthew 16:13–20, the disciple Peter had already traveled with Jesus for some time and witnessed Him perform many miracles. So when Jesus asked Peter that question, he wasn’t affected by the general consensus, he knew that Jesus was the Messiah and he wasn’t ashamed to declare it.
“Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, ‘Who do people say the Son of Man is?’ They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ ‘But what about you?’ he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’ Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’ Jesus replied, ‘Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in Heaven,’” the scripture reads.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
CLICK HERE to read story
- Prosecute Cops Caught On Video ‘Planting’ Drugs On Innocent Black Men, Legal Advocate Says
- 2 White Terrorists Charged With Hate Crime For Harassing Black Woman
- Police Kill Black Teen But Charge 16-Year-Old Girl With Murder For The Shooting
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- 5 Ways You and Your Family Can Give Back During the Holidays
- Jazz Legend And Grammy Award Winner Nancy Wilson Dies At 81
- Advocates for the Disabled are making their Voices Heard
- Lakewood Pastor John Gray Defends Gifting His Wife A $200K Lamborghini For Their Anniversary
- Jamie Grace Opens Up About Her Battle With Tourette Syndrome & Depression [VIDEO]
- Dikembe Mutombo Flies Boy With Tumor On His Face From Africa To Get Life Changing Surgery [VIDEO]
Who Does Hollywood Say Jesus Is? Christian Actors, Filmmakers Share Their Experiences was originally published on praisecleveland.com