On December 9th, Marvin Sapp will be celebrated at Urban One Honors with the “Inspirational Impact” Award. Sapp’s significant contributions to the world of Gospel music will be put on display so make sure you join us on this special occasion.
After parting ways with the legendary Gospel group Commissioned, Sapp released his debut self-titled album in 1996. However, Sapp would receive his first mainstream success with is 2008 album “Thirsty” and the song that would change his career. According to Billboard, here are the biggest songs of the legendary career of Marvin Sapp.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
Never Would Have Made It
The 2008 hit not only reached the number one of the Billboard Gospel charts, it peaked at 82 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The Best In Me
The Best In Me reached number 1 on the Billboard Gospel Charts in March 2010
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Marvin Sapp returned to Number 1 with his hit “My Testimony.”
Praise Him In Advance
Another single from Sapp’s album “Thirsty,” “Praise Him In Advance” peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Gospel chart.
“Close” Featuring R. Kelly
Sapp returned to the Gospel charts with the track “Close” reach peaked at number 2 on the Gospel charts in September 2018.
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Shares How The Death Of His Mother & Daughter Getting Pregnant At A Young Age Inspired His New Book
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier and Tor Campbell Take You Through Moves That Will Get You Hype [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Facebook’s Faith-Based Director Shares How Churches Can Use Social Media To Grow Their Audience
- Menace To Society George Zimmerman Seen As A Safety Risk By Tinder
- Jussie Smollett’s Older Brother Breaks His Silence In Powerful Essay
- Report: Did John Singleton Have a Stroke?
- Is Perfectionism Toxic?
- Girl Scouts Offer More than Cookies
- Detroit Filmmaker & Woman Behind Surviving R. Kelly Named To ‘Time’ 100
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Invention That Protects Your Nose During Allergy Season [VIDEO]