In May, Andre Hal of the Houston Texans received news that changed his life. According to CBN News after practice one day he had blurry vision and needed to go to the doctor. Hal found out that he had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
At first doctors believed that he had brain cancer, but then they discovered the lymphoma in his armpit as well as the belly button. Hal prayed about it and said, “I had faith in God and confidence in myself and made sure I did everything I could to beat this.” Several months later the team physician, Dr. James Muntz made a statement saying, “Andre has made dramatic improvements and his treating physicians have declared his disease is presently in remission.”
The entire time he faced cancer Hal continued to work out and was determined to get back on the field. Head coach Bill O’Brien during an interview with ESPN said, “Dre never wavered in his belief he would beat it. And he has.” Hal mentioned that he could feel his body getting better and is excited to know that he could possibly return to the field this season.
- Carrie Underwood & Yolanda Adams Pay Tribute to Elvis with Gospel Duet Here
- Young Children Wandering Down Six Forks Rd.
- Chicago PD Charge Jussie Smollett With Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Mr. Griffin: It’s In My Nature [VIDEO]
- New York City Releases An Anti-Hair Discrimination Guideline For People of Color
- Get Up! News Roundup: Marvin Gaye Added To The Music Icons Stamp Series, Burberry Apologizes For Noose Hoodie & More
- Sidney Poitier — The First Black Man To Win The Academy Award For Best Actor — Turns 92
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- “Working Mom Wednesday’s” Importance Of Self-Check
- Loving Her Legacy: Harryette Mullen
Andre Hal Of The Houston Texans Praises God After Cancer Goes Into Remission was originally published on GetUpErica.com