Pastor John Gray received a lot of backlash after meeting with Donald Trump a couple of weeks ago. His wife, Aventer Gray spoke about what she thought of it and she told him not to go. She didn’t understand at first why he was going, but then when he spoke about jail reform she thought it was okay.
Aventer also felt that people wouldn’t understand because they’re so broken by what the administration has done to so many people. John told her that he heard God’s voice and after that the conversation was over. He said that he honors the voice of his wife and her leadership, but sometime as a man you have to walk alone.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Effect On Black People Is Overlooked In Trump’s Latest Effort To Punish Immigrants
- Campus Racism Thrives Under Trump As Black Students Are Increasingly Targeted
- British Colleges Panic As Black Students Inch Toward Becoming The Majority
- Video Catches Louisville Police Beating Black Driver For No Apparent Reason
- Film To Be Made About The Alleged Burial Cloth Of Jesus Christ
- Would You Do It? Father’s Lesson On Bullying Goes Viral And Folks Have A Lot To Say
- Get Up! News Roundup: Derrick Fisher Lands Job With LA Sparks, BET Celebrates Quincy Jones This Weekend & More
- Y’Anna Crawley Shares How Putting Aretha Franklin On Her Vision Board Every Year Made Her Want To Record “How I Got Over”
- Queen Naija Accused Of Swiping Pastor John P. Kee’s Melody For Her Hit “Karma,” Lawsuit Threatened
- After Homophobic Tweets Resurface, Kyler Murray Does What Kevin Hart Wouldn’t