Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Find That Rock! Did Someone Steal Toni Braxton’s Engagement Ring?
- How To Enjoy The Holiday Without Gaining Weight
- Tauren Wells On How The Inspiration Of “Known” Tells A Story Of How We Can Get Caught Up In Our Image [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Chicago Hospital Shooting Victim Dr. Tamara O’Neal Was Reportedly A Victim Of Domestic Violence
- TV ONE Launches New Entertainment Network Cleo TV On January 19th, 2019!
- Judge Bars Trumps Asylum Restriction
- Maranda Curtis Gives An Early Christmas Gift With New Holiday Album
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Named New Pastor Of Bishop Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Men Coloring Their Gray Hairs [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: God Loves Me As Me [VIDEO]
Fred Hammond Recalls The Day Aretha Franklin Was Crowned The Queen Of Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com