Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Oprah Teased The Possibility Of Rebooting Her Iconic Talk Show
- Niecy Nash To Play Abductor In Kamiyah Mobley Story For Lifetime
- Author Ta-Nehisi Coates & Actor Danny Glover Make A Case For Reparations On Capital Hill [VIDEO]
- The Detroit Youth Choir Win Over Hearts On ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Ciara Responds To Backlash From Christians Over Appearance In Taylor Swift’s Video
- OPRAH WINFREY REVEALS SHE ‘WOULD LOVE’ REBOOTING HER DAYTIME TALK SHOW!
- Detroit Youth Choir Blows Away ‘America’s Got Talent’ Crew; Receives Golden Buzzer
- Deitrick Haddon Professes That This Is The Season Of God Opening Doors
- Evin Amiri of J. Moss’ 21:03 Group Gets Engaged! [PHOTOS]
- King & Country Releases ‘God Only Knows’ Remix With Timbaland And Echosmith [VIDEO]
The World Pays Tribute To The Legacy Of Aretha Franklin
1. Alicia KeysSource: 1 of 14
2. Ariana GrandeSource: 2 of 14
3. Apollo TheaterSource: 3 of 14
4. Patti LaBelleSource: 4 of 14
5. Barbra StreisandSource: 5 of 14
6. Don LemonSource: 6 of 14
7. Harlem Gospel Choir On GMASource: 7 of 14
8. FantasiaSource: 8 of 14
9. Celine DionSource: 9 of 14
10. Clive DavisSource: 10 of 14
11. Stax RecordsSource: 11 of 14
12. Aretha Franklin’s Childhood Home In Memphis, TennesseeSource: 12 of 14
13. Hollywood Walk Of FameSource: 13 of 14
14. Oprah WinfreySource: 14 of 14
Fred Hammond Recalls The Day Aretha Franklin Was Crowned The Queen Of Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com