When getting married some women decide to hyphenate their last names with the new one. On “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” they discussed taking the last name of the person you marry. TJ mentioned that she has no problem taking her husbands last name, but has questions about it if they got divorced.
She also thinks about keeping her last name because her father passed away. GRIFF has no problem if his wife wanted to keep her last name only if she was the only child from her father to keep the name. He also questioned why women don’t change their last names back to what is was after divorce. Erica Campbell mentioned that she had no problem with taking Warryn Campbell’s last name even though people thought she shouldn’t because she is famous.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Black Organizers Warn Against Underestimating Low Turnout At Justice For J6 Rally
- Brian Kemp Spreads Public Health Disinformation In References To Nonexistent AIDS Vaccine
- Levar Burton Claps Back At White Writer For Speculating Whether He Still Wants To Host Jeopardy!
- U.S. To Remove Thousands Of Haitians In Texas Seeking Asylum, But ‘There Is Nothing To Go Back To’
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
- ‘Racist City’: Black Bostonians Lament Voters Passing Over African American Mayoral Candidates
- Boston Moves Closer To Electing First Non-White Male Mayor, But She Won’t Be Black
- Larry Elder Gets Trounced In Recall Election As California Voters Choose To Stick With Gov. Gavin Newsom
- White Editor Goes Viral For Twitter Thread About Media Racism Black Journalists Face
- Bishop Marvin Sapp and Master P Discuss The Positive Side Of Black Fatherhood
GRIFF Tells What He Thinks About Wives Retaining Maiden Names [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com