Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Bishop Michael Curry — the man who told Prince Harry and Meghan “love is the way” — is now dealing with a cancer diagnosis.
Bishop Curry says that during an annual exam a few months ago that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He’ll undergo surgery next week to remove his prostate gland, and anticipates taking 4-6 weeks to recuperate before getting back to work. Curry says, “I am happy to say that the prognosis looks very good and quite positive.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
During his sermon at the Royal Wedding this past May, Curry said of love, “There’s power in love. Don’t underestimate it. Don’t even over-sentimentalize it. There’s power, power in love. Love is not selfish and self-centered. Love can be sacrificial, and in so doing, becomes redemptive. And that way of unselfish, sacrificial, redemptive love changes lives, and it can change this world.”
- Mississippi State House Candidate Shot Himself And Wife In Brutal Murder-Suicide
- Faith Walking: The Trial And The Test Is Necessary [VIDEO]
- Mr. Griffin: Did You Get It? Did He Get It? [VIDEO]
- John Gray Announces Special Surprise For The Get Up! Mornings Show
- THE 2019 “FAMILY IS GOLD” ALLSTATE FAMILY REUNION GETAWAY PROMOTION PRESENTED BY GOLD SERIES®
- House Passes Resolution To Condemn Trump’s Racist Tweets
- “I Was More Interested In Him Than I’d Ever Been With Anyone”: If You Ever Wondered What Eve Saw In Her Husband, It’s This [VIDEO]
- Confessions Of A Side Chick Roundtable With Y’anna Crawley & Vernon O. Williams III
- Meet the Boss Ladies Behind the First Ever ComplexCon Chicago and ComplexCon Community Week
- Dwight Howard Says He Feel ‘Free’ After Rumors That He Was Gay
Bishop Michael Curry Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer was originally published on praisehouston.com