Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Bishop Michael Curry — the man who told Prince Harry and Meghan “love is the way” — is now dealing with a cancer diagnosis.
Bishop Curry says that during an annual exam a few months ago that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He’ll undergo surgery next week to remove his prostate gland, and anticipates taking 4-6 weeks to recuperate before getting back to work. Curry says, “I am happy to say that the prognosis looks very good and quite positive.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisecharlotte
During his sermon at the Royal Wedding this past May, Curry said of love, “There’s power in love. Don’t underestimate it. Don’t even over-sentimentalize it. There’s power, power in love. Love is not selfish and self-centered. Love can be sacrificial, and in so doing, becomes redemptive. And that way of unselfish, sacrificial, redemptive love changes lives, and it can change this world.”
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Barbers & Stylists [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: 12-Year-Old Keedron Byrant Who Went Viral For Singing “I’m A Young Black Man” Speaks Out
- Ericaism: Don’t Be An Opportunist [VIDEO]
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: BeBe Winans – “Free Free” [VIDEO]
- Covid-19 and Pre-Existing Conditions: A Perfect Storm for African Americans
- Did Fired Officer Derek Chauvin Know George Floyd?
- Minneapolis Protestors Set Fire To Police Station Then Set Off Fireworks [VIDEO]
- Kirk Franklin & Fred Hammond Slated For Upcoming Verzuz Battle On Instagram
- Atrium Health’s Reopening Guidance For Communities Of Faith
Bishop Michael Curry Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer was originally published on praisehouston.com