In this Ericaism, Erica Campbell explains why the “magic” part of #BlackGirlMagic isn’t the best choice of words. Magic is synonymous with some pretty intense words, like sorcery, witchcraft, voodooism and more. Instead, Erica suggests, a word like “glory” is a great replacement for “magic.”
Words have power; God created the earth with words. There is a trickery implied in the word “magic,” and Erica says she’s not trying to trick anybody. She wants everybody to know exactly what it is: the glory of God. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Racist Gun Club That Won’t Admit Black Members Is Under Fire
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Brandy Honored & Ray J Breaks Down Nursery Rhymes At Urban One Honors
- Nine-Year-Old Girl From Alabama Hangs Herself After Racist Taunts At School
- Praise! Chance The Rapper Going On Sabbatical To ‘Learn The Word Of God’
- GRIFF’s Prayer For People Who Have Not Decorated For Christmas Yet
- Mali Music & T’Keyah Crystal Keymáh Talk Careers & Revival! Movie
- Faith Walking: How To Get Your Faith Up
- Chattanooga Cop Caught On Video Savagely Beating Handcuffed Black Man
- Is Sheriff David Clarke Next On Mueller’s Russia Probe List?
- How Growing Up Around Musicians Influenced Ledisi [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]