Award-winning actress and singer Tisha Campbell-Martin talked with Erica Campbell and GRIFF about working on the new biopic, “The Simone Biles Story.” In the new Lifetime film, she plays Nellie Biles, who is Simone Biles’ grandmother (though she functioned as the mother to the young olympian). Tisha talks about the pressure on her to portray a living woman with authenticity, and how nerve-wracking it was when Nellie visited the set on a big shoot day for Tisha.
Tisha also talks about looking at her job as being in service to other people, especially when it comes to fans, autographs and selfies. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Eva Marcille Shares She’s Having A Baby Boy
- Jada Pinkett Smith Reacts To Willow Smith Being Receptive To An Open Relationship With A Man And Woman
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier Shows Us Four Lower Body Moves To Tone Up Your Body [VIDEO]
- What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos?
- Dyanna Williams Describes The Joyous Occassion Of When #BlackMusicMonth Was Declared
- Ciara Reveals How Her Parents’ Divorce After 33 Years Of Marriage Affected Her [VIDEO]
- H.E.R. Gives Soulful Rendition Of ‘Lord Is Coming’ With YBN Cordae At The BET Awards [VIDEO]
- Tyler Perry Is Bringing A White House Drama To BET
- Kirk Franklin Performs ‘Love Theory’ with Erica Campbell, Jonathan McReynolds & Kelly Price [VIDEO]
- Yes, Snoop Won The Gospel Category At The BET Awards